I don't understand...

Old September 22nd 03, 05:55 AM
Andrew W Applegarth

Default I don't understand...

....why these auctions doesn't have any bidders.

http://tinyurl.com/o6i5

http://tinyurl.com/o6ik

I would expect them delivered on a silver platter for that shipping
cost! Of course, I've never seen a bafflo nickel before, so maybe it's
worth it...

- Andrew W Applegarth
Old September 22nd 03, 06:33 AM
Colin Kynoch

Andrew W Applegarth wrote:

...why these auctions doesn't have any bidders.

http://tinyurl.com/o6i5

Is there an exception for the 1943 Cent that it can only grade to 68 or
are there no known 69 or 70's?

Colin Kynoch

Old September 22nd 03, 10:21 AM
Doggo

"Andrew W Applegarth" wrote in message
.. .

...why these auctions doesn't have any bidders.

http://tinyurl.com/o6i5

http://tinyurl.com/o6ik

I would expect them delivered on a silver platter for that shipping
cost! Of course, I've never seen a bafflo nickel before, so maybe it's
worth it...

- Andrew W Applegarth

I see that there is a new country out there.

"Will ship to United States, Middle East, Asia, Australasia, Europe,
Canada"

Ed
'do I need a passport?'

Old September 22nd 03, 04:46 PM
John Stone

Colin Kynoch wrote in message ...
Andrew W Applegarth wrote:

...why these auctions doesn't have any bidders.

http://tinyurl.com/o6i5

Is there an exception for the 1943 Cent that it can only grade to 68 or
are there no known 69 or 70's?

Colin Kynoch

I'd give 10 cents for it at a coin show but not $8.00 to ship it.

Doesn't ebay have a rule about excessive shipping charges as fee avoidance?
Old September 22nd 03, 05:04 PM
Harv

om...

Andrew W Applegarth wrote:

...why these auctions doesn't have any bidders.

http://tinyurl.com/o6i5

Is there an exception for the 1943 Cent that it can only grade to 68 or
are there no known 69 or 70's?

Colin Kynoch

I'd give 10 cents for it at a coin show but not $8.00 to ship it.

Doesn't ebay have a rule about excessive shipping charges as fee

avoidance?

"Excessive Shipping/Handling

The seller is responsible for determining the shipping and handling charges
on listings, and eBay encourages sellers to clearly describe the item and
terms of shipping and delivery in their listings to avoid possible
confusion. Before bidding on an auction or buying in a fixed-price listing,
bidders/buyers should contact the seller about any questions they might
still have that are not directly answered in the item's description.

Sellers may charge reasonable shipping and handling fee to the final price
of their item, providing that this fee is disclosed up front in the listing.
A shipping and handling fee can cover the seller's reasonable costs for
mailing, packaging and handling the item. Shipping and handling fees cannot
be listed as a percentage of the final sale price.

When a bid is placed, the bidder is entering into an agreement with the
seller to purchase the item, which most often means incurring shipping
charges that may also include handling fees.

In the case of disagreements between buyers and sellers regarding shipping
charges, eBay encourages the parties to try to work the matter out. Usually
these situations can be amicably resolved."

There's absolutely nothing special about self graded MS65 Steel Lincoln Cent
or whatever it was, in a 2x2 stapled cardboard flip. It could be put inside
a Safe-T-Mailer, and that put inside a regular envelope and mailed for a
couple of First Class Stamps. Priority Mail would cost around a minimum of
$3.85 to $5.xx depending on where the seller's and buyer's Zip Codes are. If
the seller said $8.00 covers Registered Mail shipping, then $8.00 would be a
reasonable fee. One would have to be a few cards short of a full deck to pay
that kind of shipping on that coin. eBay's wording and the use of the word
reasonable leaves a lot of wiggle room. If the seller is going to send the
thing in an envelope with a stamp or two on it, $8.00 is completely
unreasonable by any reasonable definition of reasonable ..

To answer the original poster's question, I've never seen a 1943 Steel
Lincoln Cent slabbed and graded any higher than MS68. At least not by PCGS
or NGC or ANACS or ICG or SEGS. The bottom feeders, who knows but I don't
look at their crap anyway..

Harv

Old September 22nd 03, 06:42 PM
Barry K

Looking at the first auction, the picture is lousy. The coin looks too
shiny. For all I know it's been replated/reprocessed. Then there's
the outrageous shipping charges. Do we need any other reasons?
Barry

--
Note - Remove the X from my e-mail address for direct replies

How many 'collect' non-functioning pens? Curtis L. Russell Pens & Pencils 80 September 23rd 04 01:35 AM
GLIMPSES OF A MYSTERY GLIMPSES OF A MYSTERY Books 0 August 29th 04 06:07 AM
L*tt*rm*n's RCC Top Ten (was: Help Me To Understand) Coin Saver Coins 8 July 8th 03 06:13 PM
Help Me To Understand Jim Coins 30 July 5th 03 01:23 AM
Trying to understand "D N" on Theodosius coin Ankaaz Coins 3 July 3rd 03 04:40 AM