Coin saves Indian soldiers life

Old October 4th 04, 02:34 PM
John Stone

Default Coin saves Indian soldiers life

http://www.deepikaglobal.com/latestnews.asp?ncode=20801

Hope he kept it as a souvenir. Something like this also happened
during the
US civil war I believe involving a gold coin.

Not a coin but Andrew Jackson survived a duel over an insult to his
wife in an incident before he became president when the bullet glanced
off a metal coat button, he returned fire and killed the guy.
Old October 4th 04, 05:46 PM
Eric Faust

om...

http://www.thehunley.com/News/gold%2...%20display.htm

Old October 4th 04, 09:41 PM
TerryS

"Eric Faust" wrote in message
m...

"John Stone" wrote in message
om...
http://www.deepikaglobal.com/latestnews.asp?ncode=20801

Hope he kept it as a souvenir. Something like this also happened
during the
US civil war I believe involving a gold coin.

http://www.thehunley.com/News/gold%2...%20display.htm

Also bibles, korans, wallets, lockets etc. Soldiers get hit all over the
place. Especially in the low velocity pue lead bullet days.

TerryS

Old October 4th 04, 10:18 PM
note.boy

Billy Connolly once told a story about his grandfather when a bullet was
deflected by his cigarette case that stopped it going through his
heart......unfortunately it was deflected up his nose and it blew the
top of his head off! :-) Billy