Odd 2007 Canadian Dime - weighs 2.4g and is dark.

Old September 21st 09, 05:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bighiller

Default Odd 2007 Canadian Dime - weighs 2.4g and is dark.

Hi,

I was counting up loose change when I came across a weird dime. What
first grabbed my attention was that it was darker then a regular dime.
Not something I could wipe off, either.

Next I weighed out a normal looking dime and it weighed out to 1.8g,
then I weighed out this odd one and it weighs in a 2.4g. Definately a
weight difference.

Does anyone know anything about this, like why it's darker and weighs
a hell of a lot more than a regular one??

Thanks
Old September 22nd 09, 02:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jon Purkey

On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 21:17:13 -0700 (PDT), Bighiller
wrote:

Hi,

I was counting up loose change when I came across a weird dime. What
first grabbed my attention was that it was darker then a regular dime.
Not something I could wipe off, either.

Next I weighed out a normal looking dime and it weighed out to 1.8g,
then I weighed out this odd one and it weighs in a 2.4g. Definately a
weight difference.

Does anyone know anything about this, like why it's darker and weighs
a hell of a lot more than a regular one??

Did Canada make any silver dimes (in Mint/Proof Sets) in 2007?

The page below says the weight of a silver Canadian dime is 2.33
grams.

http://www.coinsite.com/content/arti...nadaSilver.asp

Old September 22nd 09, 03:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bighiller

wrote:
Hi,

I was counting up loose change when I came across a weird dime. What
first grabbed my attention was that it was darker then a regular dime.
Not something I could wipe off, either.

Next I weighed out a normal looking dime and it weighed out to 1.8g,
then I weighed out this odd one and it weighs in a 2.4g. Definately a
weight difference.

Does anyone know anything about this, like why it's darker and weighs
a hell of a lot more than a regular one??

Did Canada make any silver dimes (in Mint/Proof Sets) in 2007?

The page below says the weight of a silver Canadian dime is 2.33
grams.

http://www.coinsite.com/content/arti...nadaSilver.asp

Does look like Canada made any silver dimes like this one and it's
newer than the dimes that weighed 2.33 grams.

I think I may have to take it to a coin shop as it's weeeeeeird.