FA: 2011 25th annivesary silver eagle 5 coin set

Old November 19th 11, 09:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oepepper

Default FA: 2011 25th annivesary silver eagle 5 coin set

I have 2 sets ending today between 6 and 7 pm pacific time and 2 that end
tomorrow around same time.

--
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZoepepperQQhtZ-1

https://sites.google.com/site/peppercoins/

Old November 20th 11, 12:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Nov 19, 4:06*pm, "oepepper" wrote:
I have 2 sets ending today between 6 and 7 pm pacific time and 2 that end
tomorrow around same time.

--http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZoepepperQQhtZ-1

https://sites.google.com/site/peppercoins/

Original Mint issue price of $299.95, and two auctions are over $600,
the other two over $400. Not bad.

Jerry
Old November 20th 11, 01:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oepepper

Well, I figured they would be popular, but I started them at 300, which is
what I paid for them. I am not a coin dealer but I buy and sell coins to
help support my coin collecting interests. It looks like these will have
been a good investment.

Old November 20th 11, 02:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jon Purkey

Cgts on your auctions, but Ugh!! I can't believe I missed these sets
when the Mint had them. What was it for, 4 1/2 hours?

Three years ago I assumed that the US Mint would be releasing another
special Eagle set in 2011 so I did not try and get a 2006 reverse
proof Eagle. But when I did not see mention of anything besides the
regular Eagles in the 2011 product list earlier this year I quick
checking, esp. with the higher price of silver. Not 100% certain I
would have gone even the $300, but it sure is better than the current
price.

Guess I'll have to hope the price will fall and just enjoy my 5 oz.
2008 Austraila Mouse/Rat coin. Some of the foreign proof coins are
beautiful compared to what the US Mint produces. And I actually think
the Austrailan coin may technically be BU, but it sure looks like a
proof coin.

And there is always 2016. Luckily I'm patient and maybe the price of
silver will be back down below $20.

Old November 20th 11, 02:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Nov 19, 8:06*pm, "oepepper" wrote, in part:
...I am not a coin dealer but I buy and sell coins to
help support my coin collecting interests.

Interests? Sounds like they're supporting your coin collecting
HABIT! We should all have it so bad. 8-) Congrats just the same.

Jerry