2009 Lincoln Penny #2

Old May 16th 09, 01:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Default 2009 Lincoln Penny #2

May 15 Washington Post. Inevitable they'd assign a staff fluff reporter to
cover this breaking national news. I especially like the way this sudden
expert cites the elusive 1914 with the broken letter "D", apparently written
after she retrieved and tried to resort her wind-blown notes.

http://tinyurl.com/r6flud

Old May 16th 09, 01:54 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Arizona Coin Collector

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

May 15 Washington Post. Inevitable they'd assign a staff fluff reporter
to cover this breaking national news. I especially like the way this
sudden expert cites the elusive 1914 with the broken letter "D",
apparently written after she retrieved and tried to resort her wind-blown
notes.

http://tinyurl.com/r6flud

Hello

(Direct Link)

Since the mint is only cranking out 3 billion coins
this year, getting the second penny from the local
bank is going to be hard. I plan to pay out to the
U.S. Mint and purchase the next three pennies that
is release. It took everything just to collect a
dollars worth that went into circulation.

Old May 16th 09, 05:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

(Direct Link)http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...09/05/14/AR200...

Since the mint is only cranking out 3 billion coins
this year, getting the second penny from the local
bank is going to be hard. I plan to pay out to the
U.S. Mint and purchase the next three pennies that
is release. It took everything just to collect a
dollars worth that went into circulation.

..

Here in the mountains of NY it's plain impossible. Want a
Presidential $1 token? I can get lots of those. Want a 2009 cent or
quarter? You'd have a better chance of getting ice water in hell.

Jerry
Old May 22nd 09, 09:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jon Purkey

On Fri, 15 May 2009 17:54:25 -0700, "Arizona Coin Collector"
wrote:

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

May 15 Washington Post. Inevitable they'd assign a staff fluff reporter
to cover this breaking national news. I especially like the way this
sudden expert cites the elusive 1914 with the broken letter "D",
apparently written after she retrieved and tried to resort her wind-blown
notes.

http://tinyurl.com/r6flud

Hello

(Direct Link)

Since the mint is only cranking out 3 billion coins
this year, getting the second penny from the local
bank is going to be hard. I plan to pay out to the
U.S. Mint and purchase the next three pennies that
is release. It took everything just to collect a
dollars worth that went into circulation.

My "Formative Years" rolls from the mint are listed as in-stock and
reserved. But I probably won't get them until July.

Mint and proof sets will hopefully still be an easy way to obtain one
of each coin from each mint, not to mention the Presidentical Dollars,
Native American Dollar and the Territory Quarters. And since I plan to
keep the boxes of the mint wrapper Lincoln rolls sealed, the mint and
proof sets may be the only way I will ever see the Lincoln cents in
hand.

Has anyone seen any of the Birthplace Cents in circulation? Pennies
are a lot easier to hoard than dollars and quarters and even the W.J.
nickels, but certainly a few will make it out of the hands of
collectors and show up in our change?

Old May 22nd 09, 09:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

wrote:
[...]

collectors and show up in our change?- Hide quoted text -

I've recieved exactly four of Penny #1 as of May 22nd, 2009; two in
change (from circulation) and two as gifts from family or fellow
collectors.

I don't intend to chase them - they will come through in due time. We
are just now recieving an ample number of Alaska and Hawaii quarters.

When Penny #3 comes out, I will want to get a large number of those.
The Old State Capitol Building, shown on the reverse of Penny #3, is
still located here in Springpatch. It is a fully restored, rather
beautiful, old building.

oly
Old May 22nd 09, 10:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

Still no DC or PR quarters here. No new Lincolns or $1 coins either.
To my trading partners, keep the faith! I am doing my best!
Old June 3rd 09, 01:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Duh_Oz

oly wrote:
On May 22, 3:31*pm, Jon Purkey wrote:

I've recieved exactly four of Penny #1 as of May 22nd, 2009; two in
change (from circulation) and two as gifts from family or fellow
collectors.

===========
I finally got one in change - Cent #2
Old June 3rd 09, 03:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
shreadvector

On Jun 3, 5:01*am, Duh_OZ wrote:
oly wrote:
On May 22, 3:31*pm, Jon Purkey wrote:

I've recieved exactly four of Penny #1 as of May 22nd, 2009; two in
change (from circulation) and two as gifts from family or fellow
collectors.

===========
I finally got one in change - Cent #2

What city and state? No sign in my area of So. Cal.
Old June 3rd 09, 03:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Duh_Oz

On Jun 3, 9:10*am, shreadvector wrote:
On Jun 3, 5:01*am, Duh_OZ wrote:

oly wrote:
On May 22, 3:31*pm, Jon Purkey wrote:

I've recieved exactly four of Penny #1 as of May 22nd, 2009; two in
change (from circulation) and two as gifts from family or fellow
collectors.

===========
I finally got one in change - Cent #2

What city and state? No sign in my area of So. Cal.

Oak Lawn, IL (SW suburb of Chicago). Came out of the (Jewel) change
dispenser reverse side up. 2 mem's preceded it. No idea if the next
99 cents were 2009 :0)

eBay rife with 2009 Lincoln Penny scams PC[_7_] Coins 0 February 26th 09 01:16 AM
2009 Lincoln Cents RF Coins 2 January 30th 08 05:02 PM
2009 Lincoln Bicentennials ronrpk Coins 15 February 2nd 07 01:18 PM
2009 Lincoln Cent Reverses Alan & Erin Williams Coins 22 July 22nd 03 02:41 AM