ID Shanghai note

Old December 11th 05, 04:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money

Default ID Shanghai note

Hi everybody,

A friend of mine give me for identification an asian dark-blue note from
Shanghai Province Bank dated 1932 with a face value of 1,000$ and ther'a
a kind of house or pagode on it.

On the reverse there're a dragon head in an ovale on the left side and
some writing in chinese, twice a serial number 6 digit numbers(roman)
and twice the letters AA on each side of 2 chinese caracters.

In my opinion because of the high value of the note and the fact I
didn't find it in the World PaperMoney from Krause edition It's an Hell
Note whom people use to offer an burn when the member of their familly die.

Is there someone who can give me more information an maybe a value (if
there is one).

You can find some picture of this note with the links below;

Small size:
http://william.pujol.club.fr/Images/..._note-back.jpg
http://william.pujol.club.fr/Images/...note-front.jpg

Larger size:
http://william.pujol.club.fr/Images/..._note-back.jpg
http://william.pujol.club.fr/Images/...note-front.jpg

William Pujol

collectionneur de pièces et billets du Monde
collector of coins and banknotes of the World

Email:

Old December 11th 05, 08:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money

First of all you have the front and back scans reversed.

It looks like a "doctored" 1 Yuan note S2456 found in the Krause catalog
volume one, specialized issues.

Front: Kwantung Provincial Bank, 1 Yuan, 1949 with the portrait of Dr. Sun
Yat-Sen replaced by a dragon.

Back: Kwantung Provincvial Bank replaced by The Shanghai Provincial Bank. By
the way, we all know Shanghai is a city, not a province.
1000 added below 1 Yuan. 1949 changed to 1932.

Old December 12th 05, 01:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money

Thanks for your quick answer tomas.
You may find my question stupid but what do you mean by "doctored", is
it a "counterfeit"

kind regards
william