1981 "H.R.H. The Prince Of Wales And Lady Diana Spencer" coin

Old November 22nd 04, 07:08 AM
hummels

Default 1981 "H.R.H. The Prince Of Wales And Lady Diana Spencer" coin

I have a Silver coin with "D G REG F D" "Elizabeth II" and a young
looking Elizabeth on one side, and "H.R.H. The Prince Of Wales And
Lady Diana Spencer" "1981" on the other.

I'm looking for the value of this coin. In my searches, I've seen
anywhere from 30 US cents up to $35. (even one listed selling for
$200, but then people can ask for anything they want!!)

I've also seen it listed as Austrailian as well as British.
Old November 22nd 04, 10:56 AM
Jeff R.

"hummels" wrote in message
m...
I have a Silver coin with "D G REG F D" "Elizabeth II" and a young
looking Elizabeth on one side, and "H.R.H. The Prince Of Wales And
Lady Diana Spencer" "1981" on the other.

I'm looking for the value of this coin. In my searches, I've seen
anywhere from 30 US cents up to $35. (even one listed selling for
$200, but then people can ask for anything they want!!)

I've also seen it listed as Austrailian as well as British.

Not with that inscription it ain't.

This is "ours": http://mendosus.com/chuck&di.html

Note we Aussies always acknowledge our country.

The worth of *this* coin? AUD$0.50 Maybe $3-5 in UNC. (But you'd have to
find someone topay that much). These things are still common in circ.

But you knew that, huh?

Your coin?
Don't know, sorry.

--
Jeff R.

Old November 23rd 04, 04:43 PM
ELurio

Those coins are kind of sad now, the marriage was a mistake right from
the
start. BRBR

Well they had to do it...her face "was already on the tea towels."

They didn't want a repeat of the Edward VIII coronation or the 1940 Olympics.

[I've seen what look like genuine invitation to President Gore's inauguration]

eric l.

Old November 28th 04, 07:41 AM
Jeff R.

"hummels" wrote in message
om...
Back to the original questoin.

I have a Silver coin with "D G REG F D" "Elizabeth II" and a young
looking Elizabeth on one side, and "H.R.H. The Prince Of Wales And
Lady Diana Spencer" "1981" on the other.

I'm looking for the value of this coin.

How long is a piece of string?

Which of the many, many coins that fit that description is this one?

More info reg'd.

--
Jeff R.

Old November 30th 04, 03:20 PM
hummels

Sorry, I was not anticipating a large number of coins with those same
exact inscriptions and images. Here is about as much as I can find to
describe.

It is a silver coin, 3.8 cm diameter and about .3 cm thick. The side
is not smooth, but with very fine groves.

It has a young looking Elizabeth with a crown looking off to the right
side of the coin with the inscription "D. G. REG. F. D." around the
left side and "Elizabeth II" around the right side.

Turn the coin over and there is the image of Diana in the back with
Charles in front both looking off to the left side of the coin.
Centered underneath, is "1981". Around the entire coin starting in
the bottom left is inscribed ""H.R.H. The Prince Of Wales And Lady
Diana Spencer"