seeburg 3w1 com problem

Old April 5th 06, 06:39 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Default seeburg 3w1 com problem

Hello Everyone,

First posting for me. I have a very nice 1951 Seeburg 100B juke with
a newly aquired 3w1 wallbox connected to it. When I make a selection
on the wallbox, it does it's thing and I can hear the jukebox clicking
in response ... but nothing happens after that. I though that the
older Seeburgs were set up with everything needed to connect to a
wallbox. Since I can hear it responding, I (maybe incorrectly) assume
that the 2050 tube is working. Any ideas? Thanks

Old April 5th 06, 10:32 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

The B does have a stepper assembly as an integral part of its Wired
Selection Receiver. Unless you've cleaned and lubricated the step switch
assembly on the WSR chassis it's unlikely the unit will work properly with a
wallbox.

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

Old April 6th 06, 04:34 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

From what I've heard, all early model (100A,B,C) were set up with a
stepper assembly for wallboxes. However, I have not lubed anything in
that system. I can hear clicking in the jukebox when I activate the
wallbox, so the signal from the wallbox is reaching the jukebox, but
maybe it needs cleaning. The jukebox works really nice ... all new
caps on the amp. I even bought one of the 035 (?) cartridges back when
they were fairly cheap and it works great with no modification to
resistors. Just want the wallbox to work so I don't have to get my ass
out of my barstool in my basement to select music.