Has anyone News about Mettes Work?

Old August 11th 09, 05:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gerhard Reichert

Default Has anyone News about Mettes Work?

Can anyone give information wether and where Mettes work found a new home?

Thank You in advance

Gerhard
Old August 11th 09, 06:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Gerhard Reichert" wrote in message
Can anyone give information wether and where Mettes work found a new home?

Thank You in advance

I have no news, Gerhard, and I couldn't find it on the Web.

I tried to search the archives of RCSD in order to find my old postings
concerning the person (and his associations) who wrote me that he will put
Mette's ArtHistory site online but the Google archive isn't accessible
anymore. Maybe somebody here can remember who made this promise (it was
somebody important from Denmark, I think).

As I wrote earlier, I'm ready to put the ArtHistory site online, as I
promised to Mette a long time ago, if nothing happens soon.

--
Victor Manta, PWO, AIJP

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/

Old August 11th 09, 08:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
PE

"Victor Manta" skrev i en meddelelse
"Gerhard Reichert" wrote in message
Can anyone give information wether and where Mettes work found a new
home?

Thank You in advance

I have no news, Gerhard, and I couldn't find it on the Web.

I tried to search the archives of RCSD in order to find my old postings
concerning the person (and his associations) who wrote me that he will put
Mette's ArtHistory site online but the Google archive isn't accessible
anymore. Maybe somebody here can remember who made this promise (it was
somebody important from Denmark, I think).

As I wrote earlier, I'm ready to put the ArtHistory site online, as I
promised to Mette a long time ago, if nothing happens soon.

--
Victor Manta, PWO, AIJP

The only place I can find the pages are he

http://web.archive.org/web/200802092...indorffhus.dk/

The www.heindorffhus.dk/ is not accessible anymore.

Old August 12th 09, 11:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Victor Manta" wrote in message
"Gerhard Reichert" wrote in message
Can anyone give information wether and where Mettes work found a new
home?

Thank You in advance

I have no news, Gerhard, and I couldn't find it on the Web.

I tried to search the archives of RCSD in order to find my old postings
concerning the person (and his associations) who wrote me that he will put
Mette's ArtHistory site online but the Google archive isn't accessible
anymore. Maybe somebody here can remember who made this promise (it was
somebody important from Denmark, I think).

As I wrote earlier, I'm ready to put the ArtHistory site online, as I
promised to Mette a long time ago, if nothing happens soon.

In the meantime I have found the address of the person and I have contacted
him.

I will inform the group as soon as I get an answer.

--
Victor Manta

Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old August 12th 09, 01:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Thanks for that, I had not seen these pages before.
Goodness, Mette was a whizz,
Still the best pages, setup, and style I have yet seen on the internet.
I hadn't realised she had achieved so many pages.
rodney

"PE"

Old August 12th 09, 03:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote in message
Thanks for that, I had not seen these pages before.

"PE"
The only place I can find the pages are he
http://web.archive.org/web/200802092...indorffhus.dk/
The www.heindorffhus.dk/ is not accessible anymore.

If I remember well, shortly after Mette passed away the address of this
archive was posted to RCSD, with the invitation to save its contents.
Anyway, this archive is not a solution for the future because it is not easy
to find.

--
Victor Manta

Old August 12th 09, 04:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Toke Nørby

"Victor Manta" wrote:

"Gerhard Reichert" wrote in message
Can anyone give information wether and where Mettes work found a new
home?

Thank You in advance

I have no news, Gerhard, and I couldn't find it on the Web.

I tried to search the archives of RCSD in order to find my old postings
concerning the person (and his associations) who wrote me that he will put
Mette's ArtHistory site online but the Google archive isn't accessible
anymore. Maybe somebody here can remember who made this promise (it was
somebody important from Denmark, I think).

As I wrote earlier, I'm ready to put the ArtHistory site online, as I
promised to Mette a long time ago, if nothing happens soon.

In the meantime I have found the address of the person and I have contacted
him.

... with a Cc to me, thanks Victor.

As I wrote here shortly after Mette's dead she told me that it was her
wish that the pages should be hosted at www.motivsamler.dk and she had
made an agreement with the president Jørgen Jørgensen (you can find
him on that site by clicking "Bestyrelsen" - Board / Directors). BTW
he is also the president of FEPA: http://www.fepa-philately.com/

I know that Jørgen will answer you soon but as far as I know he do not
read this news group.

If you are interested you can see the old postings concerning Mette
he
http://groups.google.dk/group/rec.co...6fcfb88?hl=da#
and
http://groups.google.dk/group/rec.co...9b91d8d?hl=da#

All postings from these days including the two mentioned threads can
be found he
http://groups.google.dk/group/rec.co...start=430&sa=N

--
Mvh Toke
Se http://www.norbyhus.dk/DDPE/
Old August 13th 09, 10:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Toke Nørby" wrote in message
"Victor Manta" wrote:

[...]

Toke,

Thanks for info and for the links.

I hope that Mr. Jørgensen will react soon to my message, this after 4 months
during which nothing happened. Maybe as the new FEPA president his
priorities changed...

May I cite from a message that I got 3 months ago from a participant in this
ng whom I hold in high esteem: "Although we have a moral obligation to
Mette's relatives as to whether they will let us act according to Mette's
last wishes, we have our own interpretation of what might have been her
last wish and thus act accordingly."

I just wonder how much time should I still wait until Mette's ArtHistory
site will be eventually published on motivsamler.dk, before publishing it on
artonstamps.org, what I promissed Mette a long time ago. Any opinion?

Another subject. I wondered how could you find the above links, and I found
out that when I was in Google Groups
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...cs?hl=en&gvc=2

and when I searched for "mette passed away" by pressing the "Search this
group" button, I got nothing, but when I searched for the same thing by
pressing "Search Groups", the links to the older postings appeared. Strange
behavior...

--
Victor Manta

Old August 13th 09, 03:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

"Toke Nørby" wrote in message
"Victor Manta" wrote:

[...]

A couple of days after Mette was released from the Frederikssund for the
last time, we spoke on the telephone - after that she deteriorated too
quickly for further contact. During that conversation I told Mette that the
people paying for my A Media Luz project were providing me with so much
space that if the project were a hundred times longer it still would barely
use a tenth of the space provided, and that if she wanted me to upload all
her stuff to the extra space it still would be a drop in the ocean. Mette
thanked me but said that an organization - not an individual, an
organization - had agreed to assume responsibility for all her pages with
the exception of her Slania and her Albuisson opi. She asked me, however,
to download all her pages, burn them to a CD and send it to her - I burnt
the files onto two CDs and sent them to her under separate covers just in
case one got lost or damaged in transit. I also burnt an extra copy for
myself "for sentimental reasons".

Someone in the USA had earlier agreed with Mette separately to host the
Slania pages, and I got in touch with Pierre Albuisson (par l'entremise de M
Pierre Courtiade) to see what he wants done with his pages. I still have
not received a reply from Pierre A.

That is the most recent information I have on the matter. Hope it helps.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada -- http://www.amedialuz.ca/

Old August 13th 09, 03:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Toke Nørby" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks, Tony. Good luck with M. Albuisson!

Our situations are quite different. In my case I promised Mette to keep her
ArtHistory site on the Web, in case of... She made later some agreements
with other persons/organizations but she never revoked our arrangement.
Obviously, I cannot find out anymore if she did it purposely or not.

Anyway, if the Danish organization won't be able to publish ArtHistory soon,
I believe that I have the moral obligation to publish her site. Taking into
consideration my long time collaboration with Mette on the same topics, the
Art on Stamps, and my promise, I would create a subdomain "arthistory" of my
domain artonstamps.org and place there the entire Mette's site. Therefore
the URL of her site would be www.arthistory.artonstamps.org.

Further ideas, objections, etc.?

--
Victor Manta

Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/

These Work... :) Zoom Autographs 8 January 21st 09 03:41 AM
Will this work in my C,B or R t4613 Juke Boxes 1 December 16th 08 03:12 AM
will it work for you? [email protected] Coins 2 May 28th 05 04:38 AM
No News Good News -> Ralph Victor Manta General Discussion 9 January 29th 04 12:41 AM