Uruguay ID.

Old June 4th 09, 07:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Default Uruguay ID.

This Postage Due is not listed in my cat.
need assistance to ID
lower imprint "imprenta nacional"
http://cjoint.com/data/geiq0p0woM.htm
Thanks.

Old June 4th 09, 08:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gerhard Reichert

rodney schrieb:
This Postage Due is not listed in my cat.
need assistance to ID
lower imprint "imprenta nacional"
http://cjoint.com/data/geiq0p0woM.htm
Thanks.

Good Morning Australia :-)

tasa means due(s). As far as I know the official language in Uruguay is
spanish. So it may be a fiscal one.

Have a fine day

Gerhard

Old June 4th 09, 08:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Hi Rodney. These are Postage Dues.

The original design is of 1902. A series of 6 stamps with 'imprenta
nacional' (National Printers) at right was issued in 1938 as follows:
1c blue green
2c red brown
3c deep pink
4c light violet
5c blue
8c rose
(All c.v 20 cents mint or used).
Hope this helps.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Old June 4th 09, 10:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

....and it's a "Good Morning" to you Gerhard (11:34am I make it)
Thank you
no doubt you have seen Tony Ontario's reply
It's dusk here now, so off for some Tucker and the nightly news.

"Gerhard Reichert"

Old June 4th 09, 10:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Thank you Tony,
I wonder why it is not in Gibbons?
I'll do a reconnoitre of my Lounge Library, and see if I
have them elsewhere.
No need to embarass me with the low values,
Just inform if a stamp you ID of mine is over 10 quid

Old June 4th 09, 12:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On 4 June, 11:41, "rodney" wrote:
Thank you Tony,
I wonder why it is not in Gibbons?

It is. Better get the flying doc out to see to your catalogue
blindness.

"Tony Vella" wrote in message

Hi Rodney. *These are Postage Dues.

The original design is of 1902. *A series of 6 stamps with 'imprenta
nacional' (National Printers) at right was issued in 1938 as follows:
1c blue green
2c red brown
3c deep pink
4c light violet
5c blue
8c rose
(All c.v 20 cents mint or used).
Hope this helps.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

SG numbers D795-800 of 1938, although they're dated as "1902" in
Simplified, as there were several printings starting then. Watch for
different imprints, perfs, paper, shades, watermarks, ..., though the
8c is easy as it's in only one set (albeit with rose/carmine
varieties).

Chris
Old June 4th 09, 01:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Chris Doran wrote
It is. Better get the flying doc out to see to your catalogue
blindness.

http://cjoint.com/data/geocXNUZxn.htm

Well, bless my soul, I do believe you're correct,
They have melded the two issues in one listing under 1902
Now that's unfair, M'lud.
I doth protest, loudly.

SG numbers D795-800 of 1938, although they're dated as "1902" in
Simplified, as there were several printings starting then. Watch for
different imprints, perfs, paper, shades, watermarks, ..., though the
8c is easy as it's in only one set (albeit with rose/carmine
varieties).
Chris

Thankyou very much Chris,
I can now ascribe numbers for the wretches.

Old June 4th 09, 01:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

....not only that, they have not put the cypher "-" against the "type"
so one can only assume they were only type D84, which they are not.

If I may borrow from Rudyard
"Mad dogs and Englishmen, write up for SG"

"rodney"

Old June 4th 09, 04:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jun 4, 8:05*am, "rodney" wrote:

http://cjoint.com/data/geocXNUZxn.htm

Well, bless my soul, I do believe you're correct,
They have melded the two issues in one listing under 1902
Now that's unfair, M'lud.
I doth protest, loudly.

The gentleman doth protest too much, methinks.
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thum...eare-stamp.jpg

Old June 5th 09, 12:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Maybe,
however when you see a lass wearing these, protest dismissed.
Marry her!
http://cjoint.com/data/gfbJFmdcpL.htm

"Blair"
The gentleman doth protest too much, methinks.
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thum...eare-stamp.jpg

(RCSD) Uruguay ID Please. Rod General Discussion 2 September 2nd 07 05:27 AM
(RCSD) Uruguay query. Rod General Discussion 6 September 1st 07 07:54 PM
Uruguay ID. Rod General Discussion 6 May 19th 07 12:32 PM
Uruguay ~ strike ID Rod General Discussion 5 May 8th 07 01:00 AM
Buying Gold Coin In Uruguay P.J. Gladnick Coins 1 December 11th 03 03:27 AM