Ann Mette Heindorff's pages

Old November 11th 09, 08:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre Courtiade

Default Ann Mette Heindorff's pages

Toke Nørby wrote :
Dear all,

Mette's pages are now online again:
http://heindorffhus.motivsamler.dk/

Jørgen has decided to put it online now even he is aware of errors
here and there.

Tony Vella and I have examined the pages and reported some back
(problems with æ, ø, ü, å etc. and missing illustrations/links/wrong
e-mail address at the bottom of some pages). All which Jørgen of
course will correct.

Meanwhile he will be happy to receive feedback from readers if they
find something that need to be corrected:

"Jørgen Jørgensen"

To avoid that we all send him e-mails about the same error - e.g. "a
spelling error on page 5" (whatever), please post your suggestion here
after you have sent it to Jørgen. Will that work?

Thank you and enjoy!
Mvh Toke

Hello Toke,

I just had some time to visit again Mette's excellent pages : many
thanks for sharing that with us.

In addition to the problems with æ, ø, ü, å etc., the French version of
the pages are totally unreadable, due to the same problem with é, è, à,
â, ê, ô, û, ù, ä, ë, ö, etc ... As these letters are very frequent in
French those pages become useless as they are.
I am sure that Mette, who was so fluent in French would be very pleased
to have her French pages correctly displayed.

May be this problem will be solved together with æ, ø, ü, å : so I leave
you the burden to pass or not this request to Jørgen Jørgensen.

Many thanks !

--
Pierre Courtiade

to answer me, please replace NOSPAM by my family name

Old November 11th 09, 08:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
bc92

Pierre COURTIADE a écrit :

In addition to the problems with æ, ø, ü, å etc., the French version of
the pages are totally unreadable, due to the same problem with é, è, à,
â, ê, ô, û, ù, ä, ë, ö, etc ... As these letters are very frequent in
French those pages become useless as they are.
I am sure that Mette, who was so fluent in French would be very pleased
to have her French pages correctly displayed.

May be this problem will be solved together with æ, ø, ü, å : so I leave
you the burden to pass or not this request to Jørgen Jørgensen.

Pierre,

The character set is presently Unicode UTF-8.
For the time being you can restore a correct display by changing it to
a more adequate set. (with the french menu of IE, see Edition/Codage.

--
Cordialement,
Bruno

Old November 11th 09, 11:59 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Hello Pierre.
For some reason all Albuisson's pages, for example, ended up coded UTF-8
which can at times make quite a mess of all diacritics. I suggested to
Jørgen earlier on to re-code all the pages to Western European (Windows or
ISO) which I have never had any problems with. In the meantime, readers can
change their own coding (view - coding) which temporarily makes reading a
lot easier.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada -- http://www.amedialuz.ca/

Old November 11th 09, 12:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre Courtiade

Tony Vella a écrit :
Hello Pierre.
For some reason all Albuisson's pages, for example, ended up coded
UTF-8 which can at times make quite a mess of all diacritics. I
suggested to Jørgen earlier on to re-code all the pages to Western
European (Windows or ISO) which I have never had any problems with. In
the meantime, readers can change their own coding (view - coding)
which temporarily makes reading a lot easier.

Hello Tony and Bruno,

Many thanks for your explanations. That is right : when changing the
coding from UTF-8 which always produces big messes to European (Windows
or ISO), everything gets right.

But apparently, one has to do this for every single page of the site.
Would somebody know how to do that permanently (for instance with IE 8
which I am using) ?

--
Pierre

Old November 11th 09, 01:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre Courtiade

bc92 a écrit :
Pierre,

The character set is presently Unicode UTF-8.
For the time being you can restore a correct display by changing it to
a more adequate set. (with the french menu of IE, see Edition/Codage.

Many thanks, Bruno !
In fact it is in "Affichage/Codage" (View/Coding) but I found it ;-)
Please see also my answer to Tony.

--
Cordialement,
Pierre

Old November 11th 09, 01:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Tony Vella a écrit :
Hello Pierre.
For some reason all Albuisson's pages, for example, ended up coded
UTF-8 which can at times make quite a mess of all diacritics. I
suggested to Jørgen earlier on to re-code all the pages to Western
European (Windows or ISO) which I have never had any problems with. In
the meantime, readers can change their own coding (view - coding)
which temporarily makes reading a lot easier.

Hello Tony and Bruno,

Many thanks for your explanations. That is right : when changing the
coding from UTF-8 which always produces big messes to European (Windows or
ISO), everything gets right.

But apparently, one has to do this for every single page of the site.
Would somebody know how to do that permanently (for instance with IE 8
which I am using) ?

Hello Pierre.

Once Jørgen has changed the coding on the originals and re-uploaded them,
the coding will become Western European by default so readers will not have
to change their coding individually. And yes, the temporary measure applies
to each individual page, I'm afraid, and it does get on one's nerves after a
while. I have just been helping a friend with a series of Portuguese pages
about the Lusíadas that suffer from the same problem and it did get on my
nerves after a few pages. But all comes to he who waits, n'est ce pas?
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Old November 11th 09, 06:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre Courtiade

Tony Vella a écrit :

Hello Pierre.

Once Jørgen has changed the coding on the originals and re-uploaded
them, the coding will become Western European by default so readers
will not have to change their coding individually. And yes, the
temporary measure applies to each individual page, I'm afraid, and it
does get on one's nerves after a while. I have just been helping a
friend with a series of Portuguese pages about the Lusíadas that
suffer from the same problem and it did get on my nerves after a few
pages.

Hello Tony,

Many thanks for your explanations !

But all comes to he who waits, n'est ce pas?

Indeed !

"Tout vient à point à qui sait attendre" (en français dans le texte :-)

--
All the best,
Pierre

Old November 11th 09, 06:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rein

It seems to me that this is not always UTF8:

From the source of:
http://heindorffhus.motivsamler.dk/a...ory/index.html

a href="frame-Cernigoj.htm"Černigoj, Avgust/a -- Slovenian
sculptor

a href="frame-LiteraturePortugalCamoes.htm"Cam�es, Luis Vaz de/a --
Portugal

a href="frame-Style16-PostImpressionism01-Cezanne.htm"C�zanne,
Paul/a -- French painter

span id="_ctl0_dza_labOpis7"a
href="frame-Cernigoj.htm"Č/a/spanfont size="3"a
href="frame-Ciurlionis.htm"iurlionis, Mikolajus K/a -- Lithuanian
painter

The names of Camoes and Cezanne are unreadible, whereas the Ä [= Č
!] displays OK!

And Č is no UTF8!

groetjes, Rein

Op Wed, 11 Nov 2009 13:59:32 +0100 schreef Pierre COURTIADE
:

http://www.opera.com/mail/
Old November 14th 09, 03:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gerhard Reichert

Toke Nørby schrieb:
Toke Nørby wrote:

Sorry Gerhard,

The obituary IS on her pages (no link from the main page though):
http://heindorffhus.motivsamler.dk/a...ame-Author.htm

Mvh Toke

--

Dear Toke,

thank You for letting me know this. I feel like rodney does and I miss
her more than I ever could imagine. I never talked to her personally, I
never saw her live, but she was and is more present than many other
people who are still alive.

Thank You for keeping the memories alive.

Gerhard
Old November 14th 09, 07:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Toke Nørby

"Pierre COURTIADE" wrote:

Toke Nørby wrote :
Dear all,

Mette's pages are now online again:
http://heindorffhus.motivsamler.dk/

Jørgen has decided to put it online now even he is aware of errors
here and there.

Tony Vella and I have examined the pages and reported some back
(problems with æ, ø, ü, å etc. and missing illustrations/links/wrong
e-mail address at the bottom of some pages). All which Jørgen of
course will correct.

Meanwhile ....snip

Hello Toke,

I just had some time to visit again Mette's excellent pages : many
thanks for sharing that with us.

In addition to the problems with æ, ø, ü, å etc., the French version of
the pages are totally unreadable, due to the same problem with é, è, à,
â, ê, ô, û, ù, ä, ë, ö, etc ... As these letters are very frequent in
French those pages become useless as they are.
I am sure that Mette, who was so fluent in French would be very pleased
to have her French pages correctly displayed.

May be this problem will be solved together with æ, ø, ü, å : so I leave
you the burden to pass or not this request to Jørgen Jørgensen.

Many thanks !

Thank you Pierre et al (sorry - I've been away from the news group a
couple of days).

As you saw from Tony's answer, Tony is in contact with Jørgen and has
reported back the problem. Let's hope that Jørgen will follow Tony's
suggestions soon.
Mvh Toke

--
Posthistorikere / slægtsforske Bogen
om 4300 danske postfolk 1624-1927:

Mette Blair (TC) General Discussion 6 December 22nd 08 02:08 PM
Mette Blair (TC) General Discussion 3 October 29th 08 12:23 AM
Hingeless Kiribati pages? Also, US Navy officials pages Joshua McGee[_3_] General Discussion 4 May 30th 08 09:58 AM
OT Mette Blair (TC) General Discussion 16 April 29th 08 10:44 PM