Numismatic News - does it come with Silver Eagle?

Old December 17th 07, 04:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
OhioGuy

Default Numismatic News - does it come with Silver Eagle?

My Father in Law was telling me that he gets a new Silver Eagle with his
Numismatic News subscription each year.

Can anyone verify whether they really do ship one of these out with each
year's subscription?

Thanks!

Old December 17th 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
stonej

On Dec 17, 11:06 am, "OhioGuy" wrote:
My Father in Law was telling me that he gets a new Silver Eagle with his
Numismatic News subscription each year.

Can anyone verify whether they really do ship one of these out with each
year's subscription?

Thanks!

Depends on which special offer you respond to, the longer you don't
renew the
more likely it is they will offer the silver eagle to get you to
respond. I got one
this year as well.
Old December 17th 07, 07:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Edwin Johnston

stonej wrote:
On Dec 17, 11:06 am, "OhioGuy" wrote:
My Father in Law was telling me that he gets a new Silver Eagle with his
Numismatic News subscription each year.

Can anyone verify whether they really do ship one of these out with each
year's subscription?

Thanks!

Depends on which special offer you respond to, the longer you don't
renew the
more likely it is they will offer the silver eagle to get you to
respond. I got one
this year as well.

Yes, for renewals, wait for the offer in the mail, pass on the calender
and be patient. I got a 2007 silver Eagle this year.
Old December 19th 07, 02:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Arizona Coin Collector

Hello

There are both the Silver and Gold American Eagle at the link shown
below. It sounds like his Numismatic News Subscription is somewhat
pricey to me.

U.S.MINT GOLD AND SILVER AMERICAN EAGLE
http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs...dentifier=1000

The one oz silver troy American Eagle Proof coin sells for $29.95 each on
the U.S. Mint web page.

Old December 19th 07, 03:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Arizona Coin Collector" wrote in message
Hello

There are both the Silver and Gold American Eagle at the link shown
below. It sounds like his Numismatic News Subscription is somewhat
pricey to me.

U.S.MINT GOLD AND SILVER AMERICAN EAGLE
http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs...dentifier=1000

The one oz silver troy American Eagle Proof coin sells for $29.95 each on
the U.S. Mint web page.

It has been verified that a Silver American Eagle is indeed a last chance
incentive for renewing one's NN subscription. A new NN annual subscription
can be had for about $25. I don't know how much they charge for a renewal,
but if an Unc (not proof) SAE comes with it, that's about a $22 discount--
hardly a pricey deal. I might just subscribe and wait until next year to
procrastinate.

Bruce