Would you buy a coin from this unethical dealer?

Old November 26th 08, 04:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
No User[_2_]

Default Would you buy a coin from this unethical dealer?

Purchased by dealer, ugly toned 1893 dollar in an third world SEGS slab

Same coin after dealer broke it out of the slab and polished it

Old November 26th 08, 04:50 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Nick Knight

In , on 11/25/2008
at 10:10 PM, "No User" said:

Purchased by dealer, ugly toned 1893 dollar in an third world SEGS slab

Same coin after dealer broke it out of the slab and polished it

This is getting pretty boring. Don't you have anything better to do than
chase Frank around?

First, what evidence do you have that this is the same coin? The original
images are pretty small, and the coin doesn't seem to have much detail.
Frank's pictures are large and clear.

The second coin does seem to have a bit more detail. I've seen polished
coins that looked a whole lot worse. Perhaps you meant dipped? Whatever
the case, I see no proof that these are the same coin.

Finally, and probably the most interesting point ... the uncertified coin
sold for $95 less than the one in the holder. So, even if somehow you can
convince me that these 2 coins are the same, where's the foul? (Well, I see
one, but it's not where you're pointing).

Nick
Old November 26th 08, 05:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

On Nov 25, 10:50*pm, "Nick Knight" wrote:
In , on 11/25/2008
* *at 10:10 PM, "No User" said:

[...]

Actually, when I bought the nice original coin in the SEGS slab, I put
the lightly cleaned coin, which I have had for years,
up for sale. After ebay fees, cost me about $125 to upgrade.
Old November 26th 08, 07:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Lorrie S.

I don't see a problem. He improved its appearance.

Old November 26th 08, 03:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RWF

"Frank Provasek" wrote in message
Actually, when I bought the nice original coin in the SEGS slab, I put
the lightly cleaned coin, which I have had for years, up for sale.
After ebay fees, cost me about $125 to upgrade.

Frank, why won't you address the issue of exactly why eBay stripped you
of your "Power Seller" status?
What are you trying to hide?

Old November 26th 08, 09:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Farley

How cares? That is between a seller and eBay. If you do not want to buy
from him, ignore him! It really is that easy.

Old November 26th 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RWF

"Bruce Farley" wrote in message
How cares? That is between a seller and eBay. If you do not want to
buy from him, ignore him! It really is that easy.

Frank used to trumpet the fact that he was a "Power Seller" in his
posts.
Now eBay has stripped him of his "Power Seller" status.
Since Frank made it an issue in his posts, the public has a right to
know what happened.
What is Frank trying to hide?
Why does he constantly refuse to confront this grave issue?
His continued silence must make anyone suspicious.
Inquiring minds want to know!

Old November 26th 08, 10:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_8_]

? "Bruce Farley" ?????? ??? ??????
How cares? That is between a seller and eBay. If you do not want to buy
from him, ignore him! It really is that easy.

That's true but not enough for a troll and a stalker like RWF...

Old November 27th 08, 12:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Aladdin Sane

"RWF" wrote in message
... opened his maw and spewed forth
the same tired bull that he has spewed time and again. He is a leach upon
the soul. Now he is a leach I no longer download.

PS, I'm an inquiring mind and I don't give a ****.

Old November 27th 08, 01:59 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
don't look

"RWF" wrote in message

"Bruce Farley" wrote in message
How cares? That is between a seller and eBay. If you do not want to
buy from him, ignore him! It really is that easy.

Frank used to trumpet the fact that he was a "Power Seller" in his
posts.
Now eBay has stripped him of his "Power Seller" status.
Since Frank made it an issue in his posts, the public has a right to
know what happened.
What is Frank trying to hide?
Why does he constantly refuse to confront this grave issue?
His continued silence must make anyone suspicious.
Inquiring minds want to know!

AND....? What's your beef with the guy?If you won't say,then go away.