FA: 1909 MS-64 PCGS Barber quarter ...a tale of two quarters and theeye-appeal issue

Old June 10th 08, 09:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ira

Default FA: 1909 MS-64 PCGS Barber quarter ...a tale of two quarters and theeye-appeal issue

Just listed, I compare this 1909 Quarter to one I just sold to a top
Registry Set participant that grades MS-65, one point higher.

See the lower priced quarter and the comparison at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1909-Barber-Quar...mZ260250112562

I always welcome lively discussion, but insults and name calling do
little to educate the participants or lurkers of this newsgroup.

Ira
Old June 11th 08, 01:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Farley

A nice looking coin. I like the MS-65 one better, but I guess that is
why it grades 1 point higher!
Bruce

Old June 11th 08, 01:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Wes Chormicle[_2_]

Nice looking coin Ira, but then again, you do have the eye. I haven't been
into this newsgroup for a year or more (I bailed when the spammers took
over), but thought I'd drop in and take a peek. I see that the spam and
vulgar posts are still here and the amount of legitimate traffic continues
to decline. Such a pity for a newsgroup that was once so vibrant and
informative.

I spend my time at the pcgs boards where for the most part it's an active
and family friendly board with lots of information and knowledgeable people.
If any of you would like to visit, you'll be welcome there.

Wes Chormicle
Utahcoin on the pcgs board

Old June 11th 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ira

http://cgi.ebay.com/1909-Barber-Quar...R_W0QQitemZ260...

I always welcome lively discussion, but insults and name calling do
little to educate the participants or lurkers of this newsgroup.

Ira

Hi Wes,

Nice to see you on the boards again! How are things in the Lone Star
state? You opened a shop there, didn't you?

Ira
Old June 11th 08, 03:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

Welcome back Wes. You have been missed!
Old June 11th 08, 01:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Jun 10, 4:53*pm, Ira wrote:
Just listed, I compare this 1909 Quarter to one I just sold to a top
Registry Set participant that grades MS-65, one point higher.

See the lower priced quarter and the comparison at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1909-Barber-Quar...R_W0QQitemZ260...

I always welcome lively discussion, but insults and name calling do
little to educate the participants or lurkers of this newsgroup.

One wonders why, since the coin in question seems to be a nice solidly
graded coin, you felt the need to brag about the MS65 coin you
flipped?
What's the point?
Why the need for all the hyberbole in your auctions?
Why not let the coin sell itself?

Old June 11th 08, 01:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"RF" wrote in message
On Jun 10, 4:53 pm, Ira wrote:
Just listed, I compare this 1909 Quarter to one I just sold to a top
Registry Set participant that grades MS-65, one point higher.

See the lower priced quarter and the comparison at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1909-Barber-Quar...R_W0QQitemZ260...

I always welcome lively discussion, but insults and name calling do
little to educate the participants or lurkers of this newsgroup.

One wonders why, since the coin in question seems to be a nice solidly
graded coin, you felt the need to brag about the MS65 coin you
flipped?
What's the point?
Why the need for all the hyberbole in your auctions?
Why not let the coin sell itself?

Ira's patter sure beats the heck out of "I'm not entirely sure this coin is
genuine, but my brother-in-law said it looks good to him."

James

Old June 11th 08, 02:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"Wes Chormicle" wrote in message
Nice looking coin Ira, but then again, you do have the eye. I haven't
been into this newsgroup for a year or more (I bailed when the spammers
took over), but thought I'd drop in and take a peek. I see that the spam
and vulgar posts are still here and the amount of legitimate traffic
continues to decline. Such a pity for a newsgroup that was once so
vibrant and informative.

I spend my time at the pcgs boards where for the most part it's an active
and family friendly board with lots of information and knowledgeable
people. If any of you would like to visit, you'll be welcome there.

Have we just been served notice that we smell bad and are not worthy?

James

Old June 11th 08, 03:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Jun 11, 8:37*am, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
"RF" wrote in message

On Jun 10, 4:53 pm, Ira wrote:

Just listed, I compare this 1909 Quarter to one I just sold to a top
Registry Set participant that grades MS-65, one point higher.

See the lower priced quarter and the comparison at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1909-Barber-Quar...R_W0QQitemZ260...

I always welcome lively discussion, but insults and name calling do
little to educate the participants or lurkers of this newsgroup.

One wonders why, since the coin in question seems to be a nice solidly
graded coin, you felt the need to brag about the MS65 coin you
flipped?
What's the point?
Why the need for all the hyberbole in your auctions?
Why not let the coin sell itself?

Ira's patter sure beats the heck out of "I'm not entirely sure this coin is
genuine, but my brother-in-law said it looks good to him."

It also beats getting poked in the eye with a sharp stick but so what?

Old June 11th 08, 03:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ira

On Jun 11, 8:19*am, RF wrote:
On Jun 10, 4:53*pm, Ira wrote:

Just listed, I compare this 1909 Quarter to one I just sold to a top
Registry Set participant that grades MS-65, one point higher.

See the lower priced quarter and the comparison at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1909-Barber-Quar...R_W0QQitemZ260...

I always welcome lively discussion, but insults and name calling do
little to educate the participants or lurkers of this newsgroup.

One wonders why, since the coin in question seems to be a nice solidly
graded coin, you felt the need to brag about the MS65 coin you
flipped?
What's the point?
Why the need for all the hyberbole in your auctions?
Why not let the coin sell itself?

I'm not bragging about the MS-65. I'm comparing it a the MS-64 I'm
selling. Since the MS-64 is priced at about one third of the higher
graded example, some collectors might feel that the MS-64 represents
better value to them. Besides, there's some value in letting potential
buses and even those with no buying interests at all the discern the
difference between one grading point on a mint state coin.

Q David. Bowers has always placed a little blurb with every coin
featured in his current listings. Most find that interesting, much
more so that a date, grade and price.

Ira