"In The Mail" Friday 12/12/03

Old December 12th 03, 08:54 PM
Kenneth465

Default "In The Mail" Friday 12/12/03

This is just one of them good weeks where everything seems to fit in place.
Not only great successes in the mail, but even the weather is terrific again
today and will be tomorrow as well. The only bad thing about this week is that
I only have one more trip to the mailbox before I take a day off.

I have received several e-mails from folks and want to respond to a quick
couple of things.
First and most importantly, I forwarded all the birthday greetings on to my
wife and she is just amazed at the great group of folks this hobby has and
wanted me to pass on a thank you to everyone.

Lastly before the report from the mailbox is a quick response that I am not
obsessesed with this hobby. (yeah right). I get a great deal of enjoyment
and when most folks are sorting through their jars of pennies I am writing
letters. When the majority of people are relaxing in front of the television
in the evening I am working the hobby. I get an incredible amount of
relaxation from it and use it for that purpose. It is only a hobby and it must
remain fun. And with the groups of folks we associate with on line it can only
continue that way. So to the couple of folks I am responding to. Relax and
enjoy the hobby for what it is. A HOBBY!!

And in todays mail a couple of return to senders I can use some help with if
possible.

HOCKEY

Mike Robitaille
121 Ransom Oaks Drive
East Amherst, NY 14051-1266
Stamped: undeliberable as addressed

BASEBALL

Chris Ward
7618 Kyle Street
Tujunga, Ca 91042-1626
stamped: attempted not known

And the successes include a couple of TV celebrities that I enjoyed getting
today as well as the usual sports folks. Many of these successes are because
of just the folks I talk about all the time and a hearty thank you for those
who have helped with new addresses and those who continually post successes and
the addresses they used.

TV CELEBRITIES

John Spencer
10316 Viretta Lane
Los Angeles, Ca 90077
sent 4/9/03
received 12/12/03
received an 8x10 color insc. signed photo and my index card signed. Both were
dated

James Callahan
1159 Via Estrellada
Fallbrook, Ca 92028
sent 12/3/03
received 12/12/03
rec'd an 8x10 b&w isp, 2 signed index cards, and a cast photo signed as well

AAGPBL

Betty Tucker
4037 N Fremont Avenue
Tucson, Az 85719-1065
sent 1/18/03
received 12/12/03
rec'd sports card signed
(so Betty was catching up on her mail- almost a year for this one)

BASEBALL

Gene Roof - St. Louis Cardinals
175 Spring Valley Drive
Paducah, Ky 42001
sent 12/2/03
received 12/12/03
rec'd 2 index cards signed

Larry Lintz - New York Yankees
PO Box 231854
Sacramento, Ca 95823-0414
sent 10/29/03
received 12/12/03
rec'd 2 index cards signed

Mark Thurmond - San Diego Padres
1614 Kings Castle Drive
Katy, Tx 77450
sent 11/29/03
received 12/12/03
rec'd 2 index card signed

HOCKEY

Jack Lynch - Pittsburgh Penguins
23 Cynthia Ct
Barrie, On L4M 2X3
CANADA
sent 11/12/03
received 12/12/03
rec'd 2 index cards signed
(and this was one of them that you folks helped me with. thank you)

Barry Wilkins - Boston Bruins
2230 W Nonroe St.
Chandler, Az 85224-5152
sent 10/17/03
received 12/12/03
rec'd 2 index cards signed

Lorne Stamler - Toronto Maple Leafs
2806 Marrie Court
Clearwater, Fl 33761-3837
sent 12/3/03
received 12/18/03
received a small card sized photo signed, he returned my index cards unsigned

FOOTBALL

Rick Upchurch - Denver Broncos
988 S Avenida Del Oro W
Pueblo, Co 81007-6160
sent 11/24/03
received 12/12/03
received index card signed

Doug Plank - Chicago Bears
12622 E Paradise Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85259-3455
sent 12/4/03
received 12/12/03
rec'd 2 index card signed

And that was the stuff I found waiting for me this afternoon. How was your
mail day?

til next time....
hope allyour mailboxes are full
see ya
ken
Old December 13th 03, 12:26 PM
TRDTRIX

Mike Robitaille
121 Ransom Oaks Drive
East Amherst, NY 14051-1266
Stamped: undeliberable as addressed

Mike Robitaille Hosts a Hockey show following the Sabres for Empire Sports
Network

Mike Robitaille
Empire SPorts Network
795 Indian Church Rd