A collecting forum. CollectingBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CollectingBanter forum » Collecting newsgroups » Juke Boxes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Seeburg C red cartridge help needed

Old December 4th 05, 11:57 PM

First recorded activity by CollectingBanter: Dec 2005

The original redhead cartridge was a quantum leap better than the black head cartridge. With fresh needles it made as good a sound as the box was capable of delivering...I replaced all nof the black head cartridges in my non-stereo boxes with the redhead cartridges because of the improvement in sound. I started my route in 1966 almost exclusively with older Seeburgs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmoody1695
I appreciate your input guys but I don't know if I am any better off than when I started. I seemed to have started a feud of sorts. You have to understand that I am dumb as a rock when it comes to these cartridges. I know absolutely nothing of their history or upgrades. I just know the one on my machine is red. Is there a better cartridge available other than the OD3 that will sound decent of should I keep my red cartridge and just put new needles in it. I don't know what makes the red any better or any worse than other cartridges. Your help is greatly needed because I don't have a clue as to what I should do at this point. Thanks for your help guys!!!
Ads