Doing the dumpster dive.

Old September 11th 09, 04:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default Doing the dumpster dive.

Proving Ralph is as good as anyone dumpster diving,

http://cjoint.com/data/jlfN0PhuzS.htm

Thanks a lot Ralph.

Just two queries, the top LHS? (weird, no Chrysanthemum)

and who's signature on the Western Union label? any ideas?

Thanks.

Old September 11th 09, 04:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Remember this Ralph?
http://cjoint.com/data/jlf3dxiKxH.htm

Palm Island (Prune Island) Exploded booklet:
http://cjoint.com/data/jlf4IHfMAS.htm

Old September 11th 09, 12:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Sep 10, 11:57*pm, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au
wrote:
Remember this Ralph?http://cjoint.com/data/jlf3dxiKxH.htm

Palm Island (Prune Island) *Exploded booklet:http://cjoint.com/data/jlf4IHfMAS.htm

"rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote in ...
Proving Ralph is as good as anyone dumpster diving,

http://cjoint.com/data/jlfN0PhuzS.htm

Thanks a lot Ralph.

Just two queries, * the top LHS? *(weird, no Chrysanthemum)

and who's signature on the Western Union label? any ideas?

Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

I did not know Palm Island was formerly known as Prune Island before
"Coconut Johnny" came along. Didn't know there were Prune stamps
either.
Never did find a listing for Palm Island stamps.
The Japanese stamp is OLD, before the Chrysanthemum era came into
being.
I don't know anything about the Western Union label, not my cup 'o T.

Ralph
Old September 11th 09, 03:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Ralphael1"
Never did find a listing for Palm Island stamps.

You should have asked the whizz kid from Melbourne ralph
Catalogue Number NBK1507M2

http://cjoint.com/data/jlqXQBtFFE.htm

Old September 11th 09, 09:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Sep 11, 10:52*am, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au
wrote:
"Ralphael1"
Never did find a listing for Palm Island stamps.

You should have asked the whizz kid from Melbourne ralph
Catalogue Number NBK1507M2

http://cjoint.com/data/jlqXQBtFFE.htm

Thanks for the strange catalog numbers ( whatever catalog you use )
and excellent scan.
Who is the wiz "kid from Melbourne?" I thought you were WA all the
way.

Ralph
Old September 11th 09, 10:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Ralphael1"
Thanks for the strange catalog numbers ( whatever catalog you use )
and excellent scan.
Who is the wiz "kid from Melbourne?" I thought you were WA all the
way.
Ralph

I was referring to Jill, Ralph.
Who has the amazing ability to source the most obtuse information.
Very helpful indeed. I am the only member on the West Coast,
The rest are from Melbourne. We, on the West Coast refer to them disparagingly
as the "Wise men from the East"

Old September 12th 09, 05:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Sep 10, 11:44*pm, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au
wrote:

and who's signature on the Western Union label? any ideas?

Thanks.

Roy Barton White

Old September 12th 09, 06:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...847263,00.html
Old September 12th 09, 06:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

http://books.google.ca/books?id=IEPC...age&q=&f=false
Old September 12th 09, 06:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Thanks Blair,
not much floating around on him,
I couldn't find a portrait, there is a photo of him at Smithsonian
with other Presidents of WU
http://cjoint.com/data/jmhEdqQUZ6.htm

Australians may remember the hit "Western Union Man"
by the NZ'er Max Merritt and the Meteors.

wrote:

and who's signature on the Western Union label? any ideas?

Thanks.

Roy Barton White

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...847263,00.html

Dumpster detritus. rodney General Discussion 14 August 25th 09 02:07 AM
#2 cjoint was News from the dumpster.... Ralphael1 General Discussion 1 July 28th 09 12:36 PM
News from the dumpster.... rodney General Discussion 10 July 27th 09 03:10 AM
Dumpster diving Steve Grant General Discussion 3 September 29th 04 09:57 AM
Silver taking a dive CoinKollector Coins 11 April 16th 04 03:15 PM