change the name of this group please

Old July 25th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
jim menning

Default change the name of this group please

"Jon Purkey" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:59:08 -0500, "jim menning"
wrote:

"George D" wrote in message

The people who are starting college this fall across the nation were born in
1988.

The CD was introduced the year they were born.

The CD has been around longer than that. It was here in the US in 1983, elsewhere
earlier.

I have a CD from 1984, but it was manufactured in Japan. I think it
was a year or two more before they started pressing CDs in the US?

CD timeline:

http://www.oneoffcd.com/info/historycd.cfm

Old July 25th 07, 03:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dik T. Winter

Google does wonders. http://www.oneoffcd.com/info/historycd.cfm.
Old July 26th 07, 04:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
krs4b

On Jul 24, 7:29 pm, "Dik T. Winter" wrote:
In article Jon Purkey writes:

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:59:08 -0500, "jim menning" wrote:

The CD has been around longer than that. It was here in the US in 1983,
elsewhere earlier.

I have a CD from 1984, but it was manufactured in Japan. I think it
was a year or two more before they started pressing CDs in the US?

Google does wonders. http://www.oneoffcd.com/info/historycd.cfm.
spring 1983 CD introduced in US.
home: bovenover 215, 1025 jn amsterdam, nederland;http://www.cwi.nl/~dik/

the heck with the cd's johnny didn't leave the tonight show until the
early to mid 90's
my son was born in 84 and we listened to dire straits the first fully
digital recorded cd while we brought him home.i still like the story
of the teenager who while looking thru a misic store found a beatles
cd and told his brother "look mccartney was in a band beore wings" .
my son is 23 and listens to all the alleged music these days but still
knows hendrix is the top dog and is positive clapton is god..he takes
me to buddy guy shows whenever he's at the house of blues here in
vegas- so there is some hope. i'll turn on my petsounds cd and -- ah
who am i kidding it's five after 8 in the evening --time for bed...

Old August 31st 07, 05:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC

"jim menning" wrote in message

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:16:30 -0500, jim menning
wrote:

Well, if that's the case, what's wrong with using OE which probably came
with the
computer?

We don't have the kind of time it would take to list the problems with
OE.

And so many millions of people (like me) have no problem at all with OE.

Same here. It is not so good for binary groups but it still suffices for
the wallpaper group. For text it is great. And free.

So many posers just like to bash Microsoft because it makes them feel smart.

Old August 31st 07, 08:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RWF

On Jul 19, 8:22 am, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
"krs4b" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Jul 17, 6:37 am, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

"krs4b" wrote in message
ups.com...
rec.collecting.arrogance....

There are a lot of good guys who participate in this newsgroup, and
opinions and personalities are very strong in some cases. But that's
the
way the greater world is, as well. I'd encourage you to stick around,
there are lots of things to learn.

James

I forgot to mention, I continue to await your advice regarding an
instance
of false witness against me, to wit:

krs4b to Mr. Jaggers on 7/16/2007: "as i recall you were one of the
responders to that post??"

Mr. Jaggers to krs4b on 7/16/2007: "I just reviewed the post in
question,
originated 6/17/07 and did not find
any response from Mr. Jaggers."

James

you are correct james-- i was mistaken about you responding to my
earlier post-i am sorry

Apology accepted, and I hope we can move on from here. I still maintain
that a lot of good people inhabit rcc, in spite of the occasional bad
behavior. Drop by anythime!

Who the **** do you think you are that you can have the temerity to
speak for the group, you pompous, addlepated stool sample!