secret garden

Old August 22nd 07, 06:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
adam

Default secret garden

Looking for a mint first edition copy of The Secret Garden. Please let
me know if you have one or know where I can find one. Thanks!

Old August 22nd 07, 12:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Don Phillipson

"adam" wrote in message
oups.com...

Looking for a mint first edition copy of The Secret Garden. Please let
me know if you have one or know where I can find one. Thanks!

Repost saying whether you have looked via standard
routes e.g. www.abebooks.com.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Old August 22nd 07, 01:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
RWF

On Aug 22, 7:13 am, "Don Phillipson"
wrote:
"adam" wrote in message

oups.com...

Looking for a mint first edition copy of The Secret Garden. Please let
me know if you have one or know where I can find one. Thanks!

Repost saying whether you have looked via standard
routes e.g.www.abebooks.com.

Yes, don't want to clog up this group with improper posts.

Old August 22nd 07, 04:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Francis A. Miniter

adam wrote:
Looking for a mint first edition copy of The Secret Garden. Please let
me know if you have one or know where I can find one. Thanks!

I take it you were not satisfied with the condition of those listed in addall.com?

Francis A. Miniter
Old August 22nd 07, 09:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Kris Baker

"adam" wrote in message
oups.com...
Looking for a mint first edition copy of The Secret Garden. Please let
me know if you have one or know where I can find one. Thanks!

addall.com/used/ ..... but look for "very fine" or "as new", rather than
the amateurish "mint".

Kris

Old August 23rd 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Kris Baker

"booksrus" wrote in message
addall.com/used/ ..... but look for "very fine" or "as new", rather
than
the amateurish "mint".

You should see the prices you can get for books on eBay using the
"amateurish" terms of MINT & NEAR MINT. It's a reverse psychology thing.

But how embarrassed do I want to be?

kris

Old August 23rd 07, 03:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
booksrus

I take it you were not satisfied with the condition of those listed in
addall.com?

Those were probably too expensive for the idiot. Probably wants a mint copy
for a dollar.