How Things Have Changed

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 3rd 05, 02:27 AM
Noodler

Use a bic? Simple example of why some people don't: some rubbing alcohol or
acetone will wash it and only that line out of the paper in about 8 seconds.

I see nothing wrong with trying to increase the utility, versatility, and
reliability of the fountain pen through the development of more and better
inks. I'm sorry to see that it offends you - it is only an attempt at
promoting the use of the fountain pen, including at least a few utilitarians
that previously were ignoring the fountain pen entirely!

*bad taste* (Tiananmen, Iraqi
Indigo...).

The first free elections in 5,000 years within the fertile crescent, whereby
if an ordinary citizen dared to show that color upon their fingers they
risked death for themselves and their families by terrorists simply because
they exercised their new right to vote. Bad taste? That is a heroic color
to the people who risked their very lives with it - worthy of at least some
recognition somewhere! I know the PC like to overlook the fact that those
people were risking their lives to vote, and took even greater amounts of
courage to show their fingers in public despite the threat of the death that
surrounded them - but I never will. Those people deserve our respect at the
very least - and if anything was gained by the great sacrifice there...it
was the freedom to vote.

Tiananmen in bad taste? It will never sell on the Chinese mainland because
it expresses a desire to be free of tyranny. It is the most auspicious of
Chinese colors and the label reflects the heroism of a lone individual who
for a moment in history single handedly defied the tyrants in Beijing before
the eyes of the entire globe. Bad taste? It is too bad we don't remember
Tiananmen Square in 1989 more often!

Is the love of freedom now un-PC? Is the love of freedom now a sin???!!!