The top American bands of the '80s

Old June 20th 09, 10:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Raja

Default The top American bands of the '80s

Here's what I calculated. No Yes or Floyd on this list, that's for sure.

1. R.E.M.
2. Sonic Youth
3. Talking Heads
4. The Replacements
5. Husker Du
6. Camper Van Beethoven
7. Pixies
8. The Minutemen
9. Captain Beefheart & the Magic Band
10. Prince & the Revolution
11. Thin White Rope
12. 10,000 Maniacs
13. Throwing Muses
14. Pretenders
15. Pere Ubu
16. Butthole Surfers
17. Mission of Burma
18. X
19. The dB's
20. Public Enemy
21. Dinosaur Jr.
22. The Feelies
23. They Might Be Giants
24. Meat Puppets
25. Soul Asylum
26. The Residents
27. The Young Fresh Fellows
28. Hugo Largo
29. Last Exit
30. The Ophelias

honorable mention: Huey Lewis & the News, Slayer
Old June 21st 09, 12:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Coin Collector

On Jun 20, 5:44�pm, Raja wrote:
Here's what I calculated. No Yes or Floyd on this list, that's for sure.

Maybe its because they are Brits?
I recognize some of the names, but not many. I was around in the
80's...Hell, I was even a Captain Beefheart fan in the 1970's! Rest of
them? Beats me!

Old June 21st 09, 10:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bob F.[_7_]

"Jon" wrote in message
Raja wrote:
Here's what I calculated. No Yes or Floyd on this list, that's for
sure...

What does this have to do with coins?

More importantly, what does it have to do with Frank Provasek's multiple
suspensions from eBay?

Old June 21st 09, 10:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Roger Hunt

In article , Bob F.
writes
"Jon" wrote in message
t...
Raja wrote:
Here's what I calculated. No Yes or Floyd on this list, that's for
sure...

What does this have to do with coins?

More importantly, what does it have to do with Frank Provasek's multiple
suspensions from eBay?

Well, was he ever in a top 80s US band?
--
Roger Hunt
Old June 21st 09, 11:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jon[_2_]

Old June 22nd 09, 01:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Raja

Jon wrote:
Raja wrote:
Here's what I calculated. No Yes or Floyd on this list, that's for
sure...

What does this have to do with coins?

What do *YOU* have to do with coins, pal?

You only posted to this group 12 times.

The last time you posted here was in August 2008.

So shut up, Tex.
Old June 23rd 09, 10:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Galikanokus

Coin Collector wrote:

On Jun 20, 5:44�pm, Raja wrote:
Here's what I calculated. No Yes or Floyd on this list, that's for sure.

Maybe its because they are Brits?
I recognize some of the names, but not many. I was around in the
80's...Hell, I was even a Captain Beefheart fan in the 1970's! Rest of
them? Beats me!

Maybe it's because they were big in the 70s?

JAM