Image Theft

Old August 31st 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

Default Image Theft

I find one of these every couple of weeks. Not only did he lift my images
and text from my auction he is claiming PF70 for a raw coin.

I have reported him.

I love this gem: Also not the coins in the picture are not the exact coins
you will recive but if anything they look better than they do in this
picture.

No shame, some of these people...

Old August 31st 08, 07:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Farley

I wonder if the account has been high jacked, I mean it does not seem
that a person with 100% for 305 transactions would do that. Hopefully it
gets taken down. I do like the great use of spelling checker! And yeah,
take a look at this coin, but I will send you a different one!!

Old August 31st 08, 07:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Phil DeMayo

On Aug 31, 1:40�pm, "PC" wrote:
I find one of these every couple of weeks. �Not only did he lift my images
and text from my auction he is claiming PF70 for a raw coin.

I have reported him.

I love this gem: Also not the coins in the picture are not the exact coins
you will recive but if anything they look better than they do in this
picture.

No shame, some of these people...

And where did you get the majority of "your" text description of the
Silver Eagle design???

You're right....no shame.

Old August 31st 08, 07:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"Phil DeMayo" wrote in message
On Aug 31, 1:40�pm, "PC" wrote:
I find one of these every couple of weeks. �Not only did he lift my images
and text from my auction he is claiming PF70 for a raw coin.

I have reported him.

I love this gem: Also not the coins in the picture are not the exact coins
you will recive but if anything they look better than they do in this
picture.

No shame, some of these people...

And where did you get the majority of "your" text description of the
Silver Eagle design???

You're right....no shame.

Hey Phil - can you order some 2008 American Silver Eagle Proofs from the US
Mint?

You have no standing to denounce anyone, nymshifter, sock puppeteer.

Go crawl back into your troll hole. YOU have no integrity.

Old August 31st 08, 07:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"Bruce Farley" wrote in message
I wonder if the account has been high jacked, I mean it does not seem that
a person with 100% for 305 transactions would do that. Hopefully it gets
taken down. I do like the great use of spelling checker! And yeah, take a
look at this coin, but I will send you a different one!!

He is darn sure it is PF70 yet is willing to sell below market value for a
raw coin in what may end up being the a key or semi-key to the series.

Old August 31st 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
John Mazor

"PC" wrote in message
. ..
I find one of these every couple of weeks. Not only did he lift my images and text from
my auction he is claiming PF70 for a raw coin.

I have reported him.

I love this gem: Also not the coins in the picture are not the exact coins you will
recive but if anything they look better than they do in this picture.

No shame, some of these people...

You'd think that with a photo composition as distinctive as this one, he'd be smart enough
to not risk getting caught. A simpler, more generic swiped photo runs less risk of
catching the original creator's eye.

The sales blurb is classic hype marketing. Reciting tons of useless details that mean
nothing but sound impressive to a clueless buyer.

I wonder if he would accept initial payment in Monopoly money, along with a note that
"This is not the actual payment I will send you once I receive the coin and am satisfied
with my purchase. It looks just like it, and I will send you final payment that is in as
good or better form as soon as I get this graded as a PF-70 and am sure you're not ripping
me off with your wishful opining about its condition."

Old August 31st 08, 11:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jim Menning

"John Mazor" wrote in message news:ZXDuk.201$sq3.44@trnddc07...

You'd think that with a photo composition as distinctive as this one, he'd be smart
enough to not risk getting caught.

What about his other auction where he whites out the slab number on someone else's
image he uses? That's even more obvious.

http://i10.ebayimg.com/03/i/001/08/c4/00f9_1.JPG

Old August 31st 08, 11:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
John Mazor

"Jim Menning" wrote in message

"John Mazor" wrote in message news:ZXDuk.201$sq3.44@trnddc07...

You'd think that with a photo composition as distinctive as this one, he'd be smart
enough to not risk getting caught.

What about his other auction where he whites out the slab number on someone else's image
he uses? That's even more obvious.

http://i10.ebayimg.com/03/i/001/08/c4/00f9_1.JPG

If it's the same guy, he's a mere whisper away from gaining entry to the collections of
stories about Stupid Crook Tricks - the ones who write their bank robbery note on the back
of their electric bill or leave a trail of stolen beer can empties leading from the 7-11
to their house right up the street.

Old September 1st 08, 12:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"John Mazor" wrote in message

You'd think that with a photo composition as distinctive as this one,
he'd be smart enough to not risk getting caught.

What about his other auction where he whites out the slab number on
someone else's image he uses? That's even more obvious.

http://i10.ebayimg.com/03/i/001/08/c4/00f9_1.JPG

If it's the same guy, he's a mere whisper away from gaining entry to the
collections of stories about Stupid Crook Tricks - the ones who write
their bank robbery note on the back of their electric bill or leave a
trail of stolen beer can empties leading from the 7-11 to their house
right up the street.

If they're drinking and emptying cans often enough to leave a clear trail,
you'll probably find them passed out close to where the trail of cans ends.

Old September 1st 08, 12:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"John Mazor" wrote in message

If it's the same guy, he's a mere whisper away from gaining entry to the
collections of stories about Stupid Crook Tricks - the ones who write
their bank robbery note on the back of their electric bill or leave a
trail of stolen beer can empties leading from the 7-11 to their house
right up the street.

In the town I grew up there was a recent vending machine break-in. The
morons were eating the stuff and discarding the wrappers as they made their
way back to the "hideout". The police followed the wrappers to a house that
just happened to have little bags of potato chips and candy bars laying
around.