need help with a 52 seeburg M100C

Old September 27th 07, 05:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default need help with a 52 seeburg M100C

Hello,

I am new to this group and hoping someone can give me some assistance
on a 1952 Seeburg M100C that I have recently acquired that seems to
have been damaged in transit. It was sold to me as in restored and
perfectly working condition (supposedly) and I had it shipped to a
trade show booth here in High Point, North Carolina where I have just
arrived to set up my exhibit booth.

Upon arriving I plugged it in and have noticed a few things, the most
important being that it doesn't play. The lights are on, it has
power etc, and with one of the switches under the player mechanism I
can get it to spin (sorry I don't know all the correct terminology
here) but the buttons to select songs seem to have no effect at
all... It was supposed to be sent to me on "Freeplay" but I'm
wondering if that may have been changed somehow? I can't seem to find
where that might be adjusted though... the coin intake definitely does
not work as there is no where for the coin to go and register, it just
drops into the juke and doesn't make it to the coin box. might there
be a simple wire that came loose or a fuse? I don't see anything, but
I don't really know what I'm looking for.

the other issue is that the turning light columns inside make quite a
bit of noise every 6 or 7 seconds as they go around... this is not a
hude problem, and I'm guessing I can probably figure that out, but if
there is a simple solution I would love to not dif around back there
any more than I have to. Thank you for any advice or assistance you
can give. As I said, I am located in High Point NC, so if there is
anyone who makes service calls in the area, that would be a great
option as well. I will look for responses here, but if you could
reply to my email as well at I would be
grateful.

I am really hoping not to have a non working juke box in my booth come
Monday!

Thanks!

Aaron

Old September 27th 07, 05:56 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

okay, a folllow up on this issue.. upon further inspection, one of the
transistors is clearly burned out.. (transistor? is that right? the
glass tube that plugs in to the back, there are several of them...)
this one is on the left side panel of the back door, (they are all on
this left side panel) the furthest one to the right as you look down
from the back. as you can tell, i am not very mechanically inclined
so am doing my best to describe it... could this be the problem? and
if so, where the heck can i get a replacement for this thing? on the
glass portion it says GU4 and GB underneath it, on the base it says
CBS inside of a diamond, and made in the USA next ot that and then
EF.

any help greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Aaron

Old September 27th 07, 09:44 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

all right forget it... I got the thing playing with help from a very
nice guy at Victory Glass... but ten minutes later it was smoking... I
think i got jacked on that purchase to say the least.

Old September 28th 07, 11:57 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Don Lanway

OUCH

ups.com...

On Sep 27, 9:24 am, wrote:

[...]

Pickering 345-03D Cartridge for Seeburg M100C? [email protected] Juke Boxes 7 May 11th 12 07:09 AM
Seeburg M100C dave99 Juke Boxes 9 October 17th 05 02:47 PM
WTB: Seeburg M100C parts Bob Juke Boxes 2 May 28th 05 04:29 PM
FS: Seeburg M100C in Kalamazoo, MI ... Chris L. Beltz Juke Boxes 0 April 11th 04 12:34 AM
WTB: Seeburg M100C Gerard Cranston Juke Boxes 0 March 2nd 04 06:01 PM