Jukebox Bubblers?

Old August 28th 06, 04:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Scott Hildenbrand

Default Jukebox Bubblers?

Might be better off with something more readily available.. Anything
is worth a shot though.. I'm amazed no one's tried yet, or wrote about
trying..

Come to think of it, I've found VERY little in terns of people building
their own jukeboxes from the ground up.. MAME cabinets, sure, but not
jukes..

Scott--

Don Lanway wrote:
No, what you need is the clear liquid glycerin that they fill high pressure
gauges with... that stuff lasts forever.

Old August 28th 06, 10:36 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Keith Stelter

I know several guys who have built CD jukes from scratch, but they mostly
just use a computer monitor for the interface.
One friend of mine makes MP3 playing jukes out of the touch screen terminals
like they use at fast food restaurants to enter orders. He found a dos based
program that has a main screen that looks just like the CD cover flip mech
on a "real" juke. So he has a juke that sits on his bar with like 3000
songs on it, and a touch screen interface. It even has a wireless interface
to send out the signal to other speakers because the tiny ones in the unit
don't give out much sound (think laptop sound).
He's supposed to make one for me, but you know how it goes with friends...

Old August 29th 06, 05:09 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Don Lanway

You can get it pretty much anywhere...

http://secure.sciencecompany.com/Gly...P6369C670.aspx

Mineral oil might also work....

Old September 2nd 06, 02:11 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Skenny

Thnaks for the link Don, but it is broke :-(
Anyway, how would you light the tubes? I am thinking some ELO glow wire ran
between the tube and the cabinet.
I have made an arcade cbinet and would like to make a juke box.
I will be using a touch screen type interface. (If the one I just bought off
ebay is ok).
I havent been able to find many prints at all for the cabinet. I found one
that hangs on the wall and doesnt really look like a jukebox. Another print
had a rounded top, but other than that it looked pretty sorry.
The Texas Roadhouse steak restaurant near me has a touch screen type
jukebox, and it is shaped like the old bubblers, has the tubes and all. It
looks real neat.
Next time I eat there I plan to look closely at the bubbler tubes, maybe get
an idea.
It would be neat if someone started a newsgroup about home-made juke boxes.
I know collectors of jukes tend to not want to talk about "build-your-own."
Cant say I blame them, since juke-restoring and collecting is an art in
itself.
Closest I can find on the net about building your own is he
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php
--Skenny

. ..

Old September 2nd 06, 03:08 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Keith Stelter

I can't remember which show it was at, but someone had converted a Aireon
Coronet "Canned Ham" into a Cd, touchscreen juke.
Usually I HATE that type of thing, but this one was actually cool, and the
juke was completely trashed and had been gutted and would have been
dumpster'd if the guy hadn't "pimped" it out.

"Skenny" skenny@high_streamDOTnet wrote in message
[...]

"Don Lanway" wrote in message
. ..
You can get it pretty much anywhere...

http://secure.sciencecompany.com/Gly...P6369C670.aspx

Mineral oil might also work....

"Scott Hildenbrand" wrote in
message

Don Lanway wrote:
No, what you need is the clear liquid glycerin that they fill high

pressure
gauges with... that stuff lasts forever.

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

FAQ POST Ken In Texas Juke Boxes 0 August 21st 04 03:50 AM
Recommendations for shipping options available to have a jukebox shipped? David Gotto Juke Boxes 3 May 5th 04 10:39 PM
F.S. NSM PRESTIGE 160 JUKEBOX W/PARTS thevidkid Juke Boxes 0 April 8th 04 03:21 PM
Rowe Ami Jukebox Model 1100 gaston Juke Boxes 7 January 23rd 04 03:34 AM
FAQ Repost Ken In Texas Juke Boxes 1 January 8th 04 08:48 AM