John Winnard-Win-Gibs pads-this is what he does to other trackers

Old May 28th 06, 05:29 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

Default DUMB ASS Scarborough thinks DTS is analog TV stereo

DeserTBoB wrote:
On 27 May 2006 05:32:05 -0700, "
wrote:

I'd disagree with that- John gave up on the Win-Gibs deal, sold out to
Gibson, and also sold all his quads and 8-tracks. He got into DTS
digital surround and CD, which sucks. snip

DTS is analog TV stereo....IDIOT.

He's done with 8-tracks, which
is why he's on here now, looking for a quad recording he once had. I
listened to more 8-tracks by 1979, then John listened to in his entire
life. He's a newbie to this format, one of the fad-ists that jumped in
during the 1990's net resurgence- just like Forster did in the 1990's.
See how they faded away ? Forster sells nothing but CD's on Ebay now.
Some 8-track heroes they are... snip

Some ****wit you are, Noodles.

you DUMB ASS Bob- DTS stands for DIGITAL THEATER SYSTEM

you keep calling others ****wads, ****wits, ****tards, but you are
WRONG about every single thing you ever post about.

first, the "351 Midland" bull****

then, "Technics has no linear turntable"

now, DTS isn't digital ??

I'm beginning to understand why you act the way you act, you are one
DUMB ASSED MOTHER****ER.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Theatre_System

People were taking quad 8's and burning them onto CD in DTS format,
they trade them online for free. That's what Winnard got into, when he
first quit 8-tracks.

"Digital Theatre System

DTS (formerly known as Digital Theater Systems), owned by DTS, Inc.
(NASDAQ: DTSI), is a multi-channel surround sound format used for both
commercial/theatrical and consumer grade applications (with significant
technical differences between home and commercial/theatrical variants:
the latter being a traditional ADPCM compression system and the former
a sophisticated hybrid perceptual and signal-redundancy compressor). It
is used for in-movie sound both on film and on DVD, and during the last
few years of the format's existence, several Laserdisc releases had DTS
soundtracks. One of the company's initial investors was film director
Steven Spielberg, who felt that theatrical sound formats up until the
company's founding were no longer state of the art, and as a result
were no longer optimal for use on projects where quality sound
reproduction was of the utmost importance. Work on the format started
in 1991, four years after Dolby Labs started work on their new codec,
Dolby Digital. The basic and most common version of the format is a 5.1
channel system, supporting five primary speakers and a subwoofer,
referred to as an LFE (Low Frequency Effects) channel. Note however
that encoders and decoders support numerous channel combinations and
stereo, four-channel and four-channel+LFE soundtracks have been
released commercially on DVD, CD and LaserDisc.

Other newer DTS variants are also currently available, including
versions that support up to 7 primary audio channels (DTS-ES). DTS's
main competitors in multichannel theatrical audio are Dolby Digital and
SDDS, although only Dolby Digital and DTS are used on DVDs and
implemented in home theater hardware. Spielberg debuted the format with
his 1993 production of Jurassic Park, which came slightly less than a
full year after the official theatrical debut of Dolby Digital (Batman
Returns). In addition, Jurassic Park also became the first home video
release to contain DTS sound when it was released on Laserdisc in
January 1997, two years after the first Dolby Digital home video
release (Clear and Present Danger on LaserDisc) which debuted in
January of 1995.

In theatrical use, information in the form of a modified time code is
optically imaged onto the film, a DTS processor in the projection booth
uses this timecode to synchronize the projected image with the
soundtrack audio, which is recorded in compressed form on standard
CD-ROM media at 1.5 Mbit/s. The processor also acts as a transport
mechanism, it holds and reads the audio discs. The units can generally
hold 3 discs, allowing a single processor/transport to handle 2-disc
film soundtracks along with a 3rd disc containing sound for theatrical
trailers. In addition, specific elements of the imprinted timecode
allow identifying data to be embedded within the code, ensuring that a
certain film's soundtrack will only run with that film.

One advantage of DTS (for DVDs) is that it has a much higher bitrate
than equivalent Dolby tracks. DTS 5.1 typically uses 768-1536 kbit/s
(overall), while Dolby 5.1 uses 384-448 kbit/s. Proponents claim these
extra bits give higher fidelity and a greater dynamic range, providing
richer and more life-like sound. They also claim that DTS is louder and
has less hiss at the same volume"

Old May 28th 06, 05:39 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

Default John Winnard- 8-TRACK HERO!

On 28 May 2006 08:55:27 -0700, "
wrote:

To you, it's fixing up old stuff you never had before. The wanna-bee
factor. And trying to make money selling anal retent pads, for a
format that you don't even really care about in the first place. snip

He devised a method to produce a reliable, superior product at a good
pricing point.

To me, it's fixing the tapes I bought new in 1976, when I was 14.
Tapes I'll leave in estate someday. snip

Some estate!

Furthermore, I'm not one that is too stupid to move out of tornado
alley. I'd wager my IQ score is at least double, perhaps triple what
yours is. snip

Now THAT'S laughable....

Where do you vacation, New Orleans ? No doubt a tornado
could roar right over your house, kill everyone in your family, and
you'd build another house in the same damn spot, just to cry in. snip

Here comes the idiocy again. Despite efforts at "reinventing" himself
by wiping out over 300 of his posts on "goo goo groopz," Charlie
Nudo's past says it all. There's no escape, Noodles...face it.
Old May 28th 06, 06:39 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

On 28 May 2006 09:29:49 -0700, "
wrote:

you DUMB ASS Bob- DTS stands for DIGITAL THEATER SYSTEM

you keep calling others ****wads, ****wits, ****tards, but you are
WRONG about every single thing you ever post about. snip

LMAO! I know...I just wanted to set you off soe Wereoboy will go
after you now!

DTS: Digital Theater System
MTS: Multichannel Television Sound

first, the "351 Midland" bull****

then, "Technics has no linear turntable"

now, DTS isn't digital ??

I'm beginning to understand why you act the way you act, you are one
DUMB ASSED MOTHER****ER. snip

....and I jerked your chain to provoke yet another wonderful example of
your psychotic behavior. You just can't figure out when your buttons
are being pushed, can you...****WAD?

DANCE, Noodles....DANCE!

SQUEAL, Noodles....SQUEAL!

You just don't get it, do you? You're the puppet...I control the
strings. You react PERFECTLY to every stimuli I apply to your rotted
brain.
Old May 29th 06, 01:14 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

I'm dancing with my boots- on your face ! You DUMB ASS- I have 8 DTS
disks right here that are multi channel quad 8's burned on CD in the
DTS format- they trade them all the time on the net for B&P

you really are a DUMB ****ER !

explain this:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.c...5e3a5c2b a5c0

Hey all DTS junkies, If you want to trade 'burned' copies, I'm game.
Trades only, one for one.
I have
Pink Floyd-Wish You Were Here
Pink Floyd-DSOTM
Pink Floyd-Atom Heart Mother
Steely Dan-Gaucho
Police-Every Breath, the Classics
McCartney-Band On The Run
McCartney-Venus and Mars

Old May 29th 06, 01:17 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/group/...ges/21017.html

dance, Boob, dance !

http://avconvert.com/quad/price_list_8track.html

see what happens when you stay on the old Foolsnet too long ? You miss
all the latest technology, because you're stuck in the 1981 net
newsgroup format- what a dumb ass you are !

Old May 29th 06, 02:38 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

On 29 May 2006 05:17:33 -0700, "
wrote:

see what happens when you stay on the old Foolsnet too long ? You miss
all the latest technology, because you're stuck in the 1981 net
newsgroup format- what a dumb ass you are ! snip

If it's so bad, why do you insist on getting on "goo goo groopz" and
polluting Usenet with your psychotic crap?
Old May 29th 06, 04:51 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

too funny- age 50 and he has no idea what DTS is...the logo is on every
new DVD player made today

Old May 30th 06, 12:49 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

On 29 May 2006 08:51:27 -0700, "duty-honor-country"
wrote:

too funny- age 50 and he has no idea what DTS is...the logo is on every
new DVD player made today snip

Yup, just like mine. But I made ya look, which was the whole reason I
did that.

MTS: Multichannel Television Sound (analog, FM)
DTS: Digital Theater System, trademark of Dolby Labs

Now, Noodles won't know when I'm yanking his chain or not!
Old May 30th 06, 12:48 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

I didn't look- I already knew.

You learned again, Boob- now run off and wax eloquently like an expert
somewhere.

you thought DTS was analog TV sound- too funny !

Old May 30th 06, 12:50 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

From: DeserTBoB

DTS is analog TV stereo....IDIOT.

Some ****wit you are, Noodles.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!! Analog TV stereo !

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA !!

what did you work on at Bell, plunging the toilets ?