this group

Old April 25th 06, 05:06 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

Default this group

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 07:30:10 GMT, "Andy" wrote:

i never found counters usefull my slf expect at times i recorded with my
sony pro deck i got off a local radio staion. snip

I used tape timers on Ampexes a lot when working in editing suites,
when timed voiceover had to be precise. "Tape counters" are, until
about the '70s, a consumer machine thing; pros always just a marker
and stopwatch. On 8 tracks, though, counters don't mean anything at
all unless they're calibrated in time. The Wollensak's counter is
quite accurate, so I use it when compiling carts. Other than that,
since there's no rewind, why bother? One can use it, though, to FF to
a particular cut in a particular program. I do this at times when
transcribing from cart to PCM, which I'm doing slowly to get all I
want to keep off of 8 tracks onto digits. My 8 tracks will eventually
go away, but I'll still have the music I want.

is that so called picture that was on e bay or whareever i saw it really
youres or did noodles steal that to? snip

No, I cannot lie, like Noodles does. That is me...I think...who knows
what links he's been putting up? I wonder what Noodles will do when
surveillance pix of him in his hovel at Beech Creek Septic Mudpuddle
(with the unsafe dam) show up on the net? There's plenty of access
and opportunity in the "gated community with no gates."
Old April 26th 06, 04:42 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

never heard of him
Shouldn't that be - never hoid a him?

Old April 26th 06, 06:38 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 03:42:30 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

never heard of him

Shouldn't that be - never hoid a him? snip

Why, soitenly!

Nyuk nyuk nyuk....

Ever get the impression that Charlie Noodles is the long lamented
Shemp?
Old April 26th 06, 10:27 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

DeserTBoB wrote:
I haven't been doing too much with 8 tracks lately, other than trying
to run down an electrostatic discharge problem on various tapes when
the weather out here gets extremely dry, which is often. I haven't
had the meteorological conditions to see if I can get it to happen
again; it's simply been too moist!

I remember you posting about this earlier. I wonder if something like
some fingerstock or metal tabs attached to the chassis and placed to
press on the cart would help. On the other hand, the buildup might be
between the tape and the cart shell rather than the shell and the
chassis, which might be more interesting to fix. I would think that
the graphite backing on the tape would help settle things down, but
maybe not. Aluminum foil between the tape pancake and the shell? No
more thumps, but lots of screeching noises, maybe...

Matt Roberds

Old April 27th 06, 11:34 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

yo Andy- check your email, I sent you one

Old April 27th 06, 02:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

On 27 Apr 2006 03:34:07 -0700, "voice of reason"
wrote:

yo Andy- check your email, I sent you one snip

Here goes Noodles with the spitball messages in class again.

You never did grow up...did you, Noodles?
Old April 27th 06, 03:00 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

wrote:

yo Andy- check your email, I sent you one snip

Hey, stupid...just how far do you think an email to " is going
to go?

You're too stupid to realize how stupid you are, Noodles.

By the way...enjoy getting booted from eBay...again.
Old April 28th 06, 09:02 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

lol shows you youre alseep is not a valid addres noodles

--
AL'S COMPUTERS
"voice of reason" wrote in message
oups.com...
yo Andy- check your email, I sent you one