this group

Old April 23rd 06, 04:26 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

Default this group

any one still alive or did noodles and bob finaly stop the allmost 2 year
flame war?

--
AL'S COMPUTERS

Old April 23rd 06, 06:06 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

who's "bob" ?

I check in daily, what's up ?

Old April 23rd 06, 07:55 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 15:26:46 GMT, "Andy" wrote:

any one still alive or did noodles and bob finaly stop the allmost 2 year
flame war? snip

Noodles has gone "underground," due to a last and final warning about
losing his 66fourdoor eBay account. However, he's addicted to
spamming, so he might be gone soon enough. That'd be just repayment
for him getting my eBay account suspended. Meanwhile, he learned that
his psychotic Usenet behavior is unacceptable and has been being
reasonably well behaved, considering.

As far as his moronic threads and flames, they're pretty much gone
now. Now, he's making an ass out of himself over on
rec.antiques.radio+phono.
Old April 24th 06, 07:21 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

you should know charly aka noodles

--
AL'S COMPUTERS
"voice of reason" wrote in message
ups.com...
who's "bob" ?

I check in daily, what's up ?

Old April 24th 06, 07:22 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

you missed his post just above mine .
i wish somone could get this group going i again before the flame war broke
out this was a relly good place to talk and see neat stuff that related to 8
tracks

--
AL'S COMPUTERS

Old April 24th 06, 07:50 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 06:22:53 GMT, "Andy" wrote:

you missed his post just above mine .
i wish somone could get this group going i again before the flame war broke
out this was a relly good place to talk and see neat stuff that related to 8
tracks

I don't use "goo goo," so I don't see one article above or below
another, except as listed in a thread. Yes, he's spamming again, and
he gets spam complaints every time he does, so it'll catch up to him
sooner or later. However, his flagrantly loony posts are definitely
down from, say, a year ago.

Most everyone left here when Noodles was in "full troll" mode and went
over to 8TH, but many of those still lurk in here to see what's going
on in the "noodle wars." Now and then, we do get some discussion or
comments, though, so don't give up all hope just yet. Right now, the
only place Noodles is making an ass out of himself is over in
rec.antiques.radio+phono, and those folks over there will be far less
tolerant of him then people were here.

I haven't been doing too much with 8 tracks lately, other than trying
to run down an electrostatic discharge problem on various tapes when
the weather out here gets extremely dry, which is often. I haven't
had the meteorological conditions to see if I can get it to happen
again; it's simply been too moist! The only 8 track stuff I've gotten
in awhile are an April Wine cart (which completely sucks, for various
reasons) and a Lafayette deck, the design of which seems to be like no
others out there. I haven't finished servicing it yet, and the
lineup/schematic chart hasn't arrived, so I haven't even fired it up
to even do rudimentary tests. It was in rather good shape, but hadn't
been cleaned in quite awhile, and the belt, of course, was pretty
shot. Right now, I've got it disassembled, and the Oilite bearing for
the capstan shaft is soaking. The head mounting and height ratchet on
this looks similar to some Sanyo-built decks.

One nice feature I wish they all had: dual concentric record gain
pots. Another odd featu separate gain pots for mic inputs, which
can be mixed with the line level inputs...sort of a "sing along"
feature, if you will. I get the impression that this deck was an OEM
job by Sanyo from around 1972, but I just don't know yet. It also has
an eject solenoid. It's a small, but fairly heavy chassis, and has
"radio buttons" controlling all functions. No tape counter at all.
Old April 24th 06, 08:30 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

i never found counters usefull my slf expect at times i recorded with my
sony pro deck i got off a local radio staion.
is that so called picture that was on e bay or whareever i saw it really
youres or did noodles steal that to?

--
AL'S COMPUTERS

Old April 24th 06, 12:01 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

never heard of him

Old April 24th 06, 04:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

On 24 Apr 2006 04:01:01 -0700, "voice of reason"
wrote:

never heard of him snip

Noodles is sock puppeting again.
Old April 25th 06, 08:18 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

i agree

--
AL'S COMPUTERS