Whats the going Price for 1015/1100

Old October 2nd 03, 08:44 AM
BillKirch

Default Whats the going Price for 1015/1100

I have a 1015 (not repro) that I'm interested in selling. been restored ,runs
great, no defects.What would be a market price be. Also the 1100 ( not repro)
Thanks BG
Old October 2nd 03, 07:35 PM
Bernie

Well, I could tell you , that about 4 years ago I bought my Very good
original 1015 (clean, cabinet in excellent shape. Coin gear complete
and a rebuilt, rechromed mech, original plastics that are in
incredible shape) for $6000. So go from there. I've never seen a
decent box go for less then this but I've also seen then go for
10,000+ too. The one thing I've never understood was why restored
1015s are worth more than a very very good to excellent original. I
like boxes that haven;t been screwed with. 1100s I've seen as low as
$4500 up to $9000 + depending on who's selling it and to who they are
selling it to.

Old October 5th 03, 07:30 AM
Ken G.

The reason a restored one brings more is because most people dont know
how to restore anything and figure the original needs or will need work
as where the restored one has had everything worked over = no worry

Old October 5th 03, 02:41 PM
Bernie

Hey,

That's fine with me. More boxes for me then. I bought a quasi restored
Seeburg 100C for $1875. The cabinet was really the only thing that was
totally restored.

When I got the thing it didn't play even though it was suppose to. It
scared the hell out of me. This was not a Wurlitzer Simplex mech and
didn't know anything about them. So I let it sit for a couple of days
and read through the manual, came back to it and worked it out. It
works so good now that there really is only one thing wrong with it.
A1 selector coil was burnt out. So that's another project. But I can
see what you mean about the plug and play restored boxes. But there is
something very satisffying about a having broken item and being able
to bring it life again.

Old October 6th 03, 04:54 AM
Ken G.

You are so right .. I usually restore antique radios and have 100 or so
of them around here having been at it for almost 30 years .
I have been receiving ``restored`` radios from a guy who buys them off
ebay & he wants me to fix them better .. boy you should see some of this
so called restored stuff LOL .
My first few jukes were seeburg selectomatics , restored them without
service manuals .. talking about learning something ! I redid a
Wurltzer 1250 this summer also without the manual and got it all going
real good accept a couple minor bugs ( the things a manual never covers
anyway )

I also sell some of these radios through antique stores in the area .
They wont buy the semi dirty poor workin ones , people want them to
look& work like new .