Capacitors in the UK

Old April 19th 12, 09:00 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
shaun[_2_]

Default Capacitors in the UK

Hi
Need to replace my caps in the AMI Cont 2 I have in the selector unit
but it seems I cannot find anyhting like it in the UK, I need

0.1 mfd
0.47 mfd 600v
100 mfd 50v
0.01mf 600v

Any ideas? RS / Maplin don't seem to do many axial ones

Cheers
Shaun
Old April 19th 12, 10:43 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

shaun wrote:
Hi
Need to replace my caps in the AMI Cont 2 I have in the selector unit
but it seems I cannot find anyhting like it in the UK, I need

0.1 mfd
0.47 mfd 600v
100 mfd 50v
0.01mf 600v

Any ideas? RS / Maplin don't seem to do many axial ones

Cheers
Shaun

Well, on this side of the pond we use:

http://www.justradios.com/orderform.html

I imagine they ship to the old country...

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old April 20th 12, 03:15 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

On Apr 20, 6:00*am, shaun wrote:
Hi
Need to replace my caps in the AMI Cont 2 I have in the selector unit
but it seems I cannot find anyhting like it in the UK, I need

0.1 mfd
0.47 mfd 600v
100 mfd 50v
0.01mf 600v

Any ideas? RS / Maplin don't seem to do many axial ones

Cheers
Shaun

Farnell / element 14 also ?

You don't have to use axials, and they are getting much harder to find
in this
era of PCB mounting compared to the older tagstrip wiring as used in
the conti..

You can use a standard cap, and run an insulated wire back to the
tagstrip terminal,
or if it is close enough, you can slip a bit of insulation over one or
both of the wires on
the cap. Stripping old mains wire and re-using the insulation works
well for me.

Note also that a modern version of the original caps is going to be
physically a LOT smaller,
so the leads might possibly not reach anyway, even if you did find
axial.

Old April 20th 12, 11:24 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
shaun[_2_]

On Apr 20, 3:15*am, kreed wrote:
On Apr 20, 6:00*am, shaun wrote:

[...]

Thanks have mailed the US supplier, Farnell I also looked at but a lot
seem
to come from the states with whopping postage charges, and they have
quite a large
min order value even for UK stock but if need be I'll go with them
Thanks for all the advice
Shaun
Old April 20th 12, 05:52 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

shaun wrote:
On Apr 20, 3:15 am, kreed wrote:
On Apr 20, 6:00 am, shaun wrote:

[...]

The supplier I sent you the link for is in Canada - I suspect you will
find shipping isn't that bad...

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old April 21st 12, 01:43 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
shaun[_2_]

On Apr 20, 5:52*pm, John Robertson wrote:
shaun wrote:

--
* * (Please post followups or tech enquiries to the newsgroup)
* John's Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9

Yep they look pretty darned good, cheers