Artwork Reviewed For 2010 National Park Quarters

Old September 30th 09, 09:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Halork

Default Artwork Reviewed For 2010 National Park Quarters

I like many of these designs.

http://www.numismaticnews.net/articl...ter_ambitions/
Old September 30th 09, 10:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

halork wrote:
I like many of these designs.

http://www.numismaticnews.net/articl...ter_ambitions/

Thanks for that posting. I have a weakness for any coin design that
relegates the verbiage to a wide rim and leaves the center free of
lettering. I'd like to see that practice extended to the Washington face as
well. Whoever came up with that concept for these quarters is to be
commended. As far as the designs are concerned, they are extremely esthetic
and detailed. I like 'em, too!

James

Old September 30th 09, 01:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

halork wrote:
I like many of these designs.

http://www.numismaticnews.net/articl...ter_ambitions/

Thanks for that posting. I have a weakness for any coin design that
relegates the verbiage to a wide rim and leaves the center free of
lettering. I'd like to see that practice extended to the Washington face
as well. Whoever came up with that concept for these quarters is to be
commended. As far as the designs are concerned, they are extremely
esthetic and detailed. I like 'em, too!

James

One thing I personally think would make our often bland-looking quarters
look a bit more "classic" and three dimensional would be the inclusion of
beads or denticles around the inner rim, like in many of our 19th century
silver coins. Call me old fashioned, but.......

Old September 30th 09, 02:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Arizona Coin Collector

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

halork wrote:
I like many of these designs.

http://www.numismaticnews.net/articl...ter_ambitions/

Thanks for that posting. I have a weakness for any coin design that
relegates the verbiage to a wide rim and leaves the center free of
lettering. I'd like to see that practice extended to the Washington face
as well. Whoever came up with that concept for these quarters is to be
commended. As far as the designs are concerned, they are extremely
esthetic and detailed. I like 'em, too!

James

One thing I personally think would make our often bland-looking quarters
look a bit more "classic" and three dimensional would be the inclusion of
beads or denticles around the inner rim, like in many of our 19th century
silver coins. Call me old fashioned, but.......

Hello

Thanks for posting the link. I for one like the
"AZ-01". In 1987, I took a river rafting trip
down the Colorado River, some 200 miles through
Grand Canyon. I have a photo that is very close
to that image. My photo has the Indian Ruins
in the cliff walls on the right. The coin does
not show the Indian Ruins.

That trip cost me $1,500.00 dollars for the
seven days on the river. I still have the river
map from that trip showing the rapids back
then.

The water is a constant 43 degrees from the
bottom of Glen Canyon Dam. It was well over a
100 degrees out of the water. The room in Vegas
was WONDERFUL at the end of the river trip. I
was trashed-out back then in my late 20's.

Old September 30th 09, 03:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Galikanokus

"Mr. Jaggers" wrote:

halork wrote:
I like many of these designs.

http://www.numismaticnews.net/articl...ter_ambitions/

Thanks for that posting. I have a weakness for any coin design that
relegates the verbiage to a wide rim and leaves the center free of
lettering. I'd like to see that practice extended to the Washington face as
well. Whoever came up with that concept for these quarters is to be
commended. As far as the designs are concerned, they are extremely esthetic
and detailed. I like 'em, too!

James

I like AZ-01!

I've been there. The West Virginia quarter is one of my favorites for
the same reason.

JAM
Old September 30th 09, 03:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Galikanokus

halork wrote:
[...]

..

Cool!

We did it on our own in 1998. 216 miles, 16 days, 16 best friends. Cost
$650 for the trip down the river.

JAM
Old September 30th 09, 03:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Bruce Remick wrote:
halork wrote:
I like many of these designs.

http://www.numismaticnews.net/articl...ter_ambitions/

Thanks for that posting. I have a weakness for any coin design that
relegates the verbiage to a wide rim and leaves the center free of
lettering. I'd like to see that practice extended to the Washington
face as well. Whoever came up with that concept for these quarters
is to be commended. As far as the designs are concerned, they are
extremely esthetic and detailed. I like 'em, too!

James

One thing I personally think would make our often bland-looking
quarters look a bit more "classic" and three dimensional would be the
inclusion of beads or denticles around the inner rim, like in many of
our 19th century silver coins. Call me old fashioned, but.......

OK, you're hopelessly old-fashioned and not with the times. I'm so glad I'm
not alone. 8)

James the Old-Timer

Old October 1st 09, 05:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dr. Richard L. Hall[_3_]

Some really neat designs. I like them all!

I noticed that my local PBS station is running a series an the creation of
the National Park System. It was pretty interesting.

--
Richard
http://www.richlh.com