State Quarter Designs: Best and Worst

Old May 12th 07, 12:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Halork

Default State Quarter Designs: Best and Worst

Now that we have designs for all 50 states, the best designs are (IMHO):

1. Oregon
2. Rhode Island
3. Maine
4. Nebraska
5. Colorado

Honorable Mention: Both Alaska's and Arizona's designs are nice; I'll be
waiting to see the actual coins. Oklahoma's bird and flowers design is
also very nice.

Lousiest designs are (IMHO):

50. Michigan
49. New Mexico
48. Pennsylvania
47. Hawaii
46. Louisiana

Dishonorable Mention: New Hampshire... the only state to put a turd on
their quarter.

Best designs not chosen:
Massachusetts' "Constitution"
Nevada's "Bighorn Sheep"
Old May 12th 07, 12:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

On May 12, 7:22 am, Halork wrote:
Now that we have designs for all 50 states, the best designs are (IMHO):

1. Oregon
2. Rhode Island
3. Maine
4. Nebraska
5. Colorado

Honorable Mention: Both Alaska's and Arizona's designs are nice; I'll be
waiting to see the actual coins. Oklahoma's bird and flowers design is
also very nice.

Lousiest designs are (IMHO):

50. Michigan
49. New Mexico
48. Pennsylvania
47. Hawaii
46. Louisiana

Dishonorable Mention: New Hampshire... the only state to put a turd on
their quarter.

Best designs not chosen:
Massachusetts' "Constitution"
Nevada's "Bighorn Sheep"

I wouldn't put Colorado anywhere near the top 5.

Old May 12th 07, 12:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Amistad

"Halork" tossed out what may be a veiled insult, with:
Dishonorable Mention: New Hampshire... the only state to put a turd on
their quarter.

Just now had a look, but it is not apparent to me. Care to elaborate on
that a bit?

Amistad

Old May 12th 07, 01:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Halork

Amistad wrote:
"Halork" tossed out what may be a veiled insult, with:
Dishonorable Mention: New Hampshire... the only state to put a turd on
their quarter.

Just now had a look, but it is not apparent to me. Care to elaborate on
that a bit?

Amistad

That amorphous blob on the reverse. Sorry, New Hampshire, but that's
the first thing I thought of when I saw that design.
Old May 12th 07, 01:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Amistad

"Halork" came back with:
That amorphous blob on the reverse. Sorry, New Hampshire, but that's the
first thing I thought of when I saw that design.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I was saddened to read that
the rocky Old Man has since collapsed and no longer graces the N.H.
landscape...

Amistad
'YMMV'

Old May 12th 07, 01:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
stonej

On May 12, 8:35 am, "Amistad" wrote:
"Halork" came back with:

That amorphous blob on the reverse. Sorry, New Hampshire, but that's the
first thing I thought of when I saw that design.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I was saddened to read that
the rocky Old Man has since collapsed and no longer graces the N.H.
landscape...

Amistad
'YMMV'

That was a shame. I remember seeing it in person on a family vacation
when I
was a kid.

Old May 12th 07, 07:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
stonej

On May 12, 9:16 am, wrote:
In article , "Amistad" wrote:

"Halork" came back with:
That amorphous blob on the reverse. Sorry, New Hampshire, but that's the
first thing I thought of when I saw that design.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I was saddened to read that
the rocky Old Man has since collapsed and no longer graces the N.H.
landscape...

Amistad
'YMMV'

simpson's did it! simpson's did it!

Alabama - no disrespect to Helen Keller but that is one dull and
uninspiring design
concept.

Old May 12th 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael G. Koerner

Halork wrote:
Now that we have designs for all 50 states, the best designs are (IMHO):

1. Oregon
2. Rhode Island
3. Maine
4. Nebraska
5. Colorado

1) North Dakota
2) Connecticut
3) Minnesota
4) Alaska
5) Oregon

Honorable Mention: Both Alaska's and Arizona's designs are nice; I'll be
waiting to see the actual coins. Oklahoma's bird and flowers design is
also very nice.

Colorado, Massachusetts, Arizona, New Jersey, Hawaii

Lousiest designs are (IMHO):

50. Michigan
49. New Mexico
48. Pennsylvania
47. Hawaii
46. Louisiana

50) Maryland
49) Wisconsin
48) Michigan
47) Ohio
46) Louisiana

Dishonorable Mention: New Hampshire... the only state to put a turd on
their quarter.

Kansas (could have been MUCH better), Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Florida,
Indiana

Best designs not chosen:
Massachusetts' "Constitution"
Nevada's "Bighorn Sheep"

Maryland - 'Star Spangled Banner over Fort McHenry'
Wisconsin - My joint 'Old Abe' entry with Dan Carr

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
___________________________________________ | | | | | | _______________
Old May 13th 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Halork

Michael G. Koerner wrote:
Halork wrote:
Now that we have designs for all 50 states, the best designs are (IMHO):

1. Oregon
2. Rhode Island
3. Maine
4. Nebraska
5. Colorado

1) North Dakota

Hmm... two buffalo better than one?
2) Connecticut
3) Minnesota
4) Alaska
5) Oregon

Honorable Mention: Both Alaska's and Arizona's designs are nice; I'll
be waiting to see the actual coins. Oklahoma's bird and flowers
design is also very nice.

Colorado, Massachusetts, Arizona, New Jersey, Hawaii

Lousiest designs are (IMHO):

50. Michigan
49. New Mexico
48. Pennsylvania
47. Hawaii
46. Louisiana

50) Maryland
49) Wisconsin

The cow just gets no respect! I really didn't think this was THAT
bad... (see Michigan).
48) Michigan
47) Ohio
46) Louisiana

Dishonorable Mention: New Hampshire... the only state to put a turd on
their quarter.

Kansas (could have been MUCH better)

Three buffalo? Or the buffalo NOT fertilizing the sunflower? :-)