Rockola CD-8B amplifier problem

Old May 9th 11, 02:14 PM
burnedfingers burnedfingers is offline
Member

Location: Midwest
Default Rockola CD-8B amplifier problem

I have a amplifier that is crackling in my 2003 Rockola Bubbler CD-8B. It has an "orange" electronics set in it with a 70038-A amplifier assembly in it I believe. Can I replace this with a "RED" 70002-A amplifier so that I can repair the original amplifier?

Does someone have an extra "orange" amplifier they would sell?

Last edited by burnedfingers : May 9th 11 at 02:18 PM.
Old May 9th 11, 05:42 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

burnedfingers wrote:
I have a amplifier that is crackling in my 2003 Rockola Bubbler CD-8B.
It has an "orange" electronics set in it with a 70038-A amplifier
assembly in it I believe. Can I replace this with a "RED" 70002-A
amplifier so that I can repair the original amplifier?

Does someone have an extra "orange" amplifier they would sell?

It may not be the amplifier - try first unplugging the CD inputs to the
amp when you are hearing the crackling. If the noise goes away then the
problem is in the CD decoder board or CD player itself.

Next, assuming the player is a CD-Pro or CDM-12, you can unplug the
audio output from the side of the CD player (labeled 'audio' - a 4 pin
plug) to verify if the noise is generated in the player or
interconnecting PCB or cable.

Replacement players are readily available if that is determined to be
the problem (and cleaning the lens doesn't help)...

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old May 9th 11, 06:37 PM
burnedfingers burnedfingers is offline
Member

Location: Midwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnedfingers View Post
I have a amplifier that is crackling in my 2003 Rockola Bubbler CD-8B. It has an "orange" electronics set in it with a 70038-A amplifier assembly in it I believe. Can I replace this with a "RED" 70002-A amplifier so that I can repair the original amplifier?

Does someone have an extra "orange" amplifier they would sell?
Can anyone tell me if the red will work?
Old May 9th 11, 10:51 PM
burnedfingers burnedfingers is offline
Member

Location: Midwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robertson View Post
burnedfingers wrote:
[...]

replied in the wrong area?

Last edited by burnedfingers : May 9th 11 at 11:12 PM.
Old May 9th 11, 11:24 PM
burnedfingers burnedfingers is offline
Member

Location: Midwest

Thanks for the reply.

The noise seems to increase the more the amplifier is taxed. Lower the output and the static and or noise goes down. Seems to be consistant with the LM3886 if damaged. The amplifier module is running 4pr of speakers with VC's. As the load is increased the noise is increased on 3 of the 4pr of speakers. Replaced the CD PRO2 with a rebuilt unit because the original unit wouldn't play a track without returning the CD, It now will play thru a CD but the noise is still there. I wanted to know if the "RED ELECTRONICS" unit could be substituted to buy me time to repair the original "ORANGE" unit. Internal speakers also have the noise problem.

The CD PRO 2 that I took out will not play in different 8B Bubbler jukebox. It exhibits the same skip fault indicating that both the motor and the optical unit need replaced.

So is the digital decoder board on the CD PRO 2 unit or in the Preamp/control/amplifier 70038-1A unit?
Old May 12th 11, 11:52 AM
burnedfingers burnedfingers is offline
Member

Location: Midwest

So is the digital decoder board on the CD PRO 2 unit or in the Preamp/control/amplifier 70038-1A unit?[/quote]

After looking at the CD PRO unit and tracing the wiring it looks like the audio goes to a pair of RCA female jacks which have the interconnect cable that runs to the preamp/power amplifier module.

Therefore having replaced the CD PRO unit with a rebuilt unit the problem then lies in the preamp/power amplifier section.

Thanks for all the help people.
Old May 12th 11, 11:57 AM
burnedfingers burnedfingers is offline
Member

Location: Midwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnedfingers View Post
So is the digital decoder board on the CD PRO 2 unit or in the Preamp/control/amplifier 70038-1A unit?

After looking at the CD PRO unit and tracing the wiring it looks like the audio goes to a pair of RCA female jacks which have the interconnect cable that runs to the preamp/power amplifier module.

Therefore having replaced the CD PRO unit with a rebuilt unit the problem then lies in the preamp/power amplifier section.

Thanks for all the help people.[/quote]

Is anyone capable of of answering the question of if the "RED" electronics could be used in place of the "YELLOW"? I found a "RED" preamp/power amplifier unit for sale.
Old May 12th 11, 07:56 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

burnedfingers wrote:
So is the digital decoder board on the CD PRO 2 unit or in the
Preamp/control/amplifier 70038-1A unit?

After looking at the CD PRO unit and tracing the wiring it looks like the
audio goes to a pair of RCA female jacks which have the interconnect cable
that runs to the preamp/power amplifier module.

Therefore having replaced the CD PRO unit with a rebuilt unit the problem
then lies in the preamp/power amplifier section.

Thanks for all the help people.

OK, now you KNOW the problem is in the amp - that was what I was trying
to get you to test after all.

I do not know which amp can be used - not a Rock-ola distributor - all I
was trying to do was help you with the diagnosis process.

As for alternative amps, you can try the manual download site at
arcadeboneyard.com to see if the amps are interchangable. You will have
to do some figuring out I'm afraid...

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com