Free Newsgroups

Old June 5th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Default Free Newsgroups

Sometime ago, someone in the coins or stamps newsgroup mentioned how to
access newsgroups on Google(?). I did not save that post, so can someone
please direct me to the proper site? Thanks

Tony

Old June 5th 06, 07:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 12:47:53 -0500, "A.E. Gelat"
wrote:

how to access newsgroups on Google(?).

Here is link to rcc:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.collecting.coins

Use search box to find other groups

Best Regards, Bob Johnson

Directories
GOLDSHEET Mining http://www.goldsheetlinks.com
COINSHEET Numismatic http://www.coinsheetlinks.com
OILSHEET Energy http://www.oilsheetlinks.com
Old June 5th 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

"A.E. Gelat" wrote in message
Sometime ago, someone in the coins or stamps newsgroup mentioned how to
access newsgroups on Google(?). I did not save that post, so can someone
please direct me to the proper site? Thanks

Tony

Tony,

Try this link:

http://groups.google.com/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&q=

To read our group:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...s?lnk=lr&hl=en

--
Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old June 5th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

A.E. Gelat wrote:
Sometime ago, someone in the coins or stamps newsgroup mentioned how to
access newsgroups on Google(?). I did not save that post, so can someone
please direct me to the proper site? Thanks

Tony

A more general reply: Go to http://groups.google.com/ or, probably
preferably, http://groups.google.co.wherever-you-are/ Put your
favourite group in the "Find a Group" box and you're away.

To post, DO NOT click on Reply at the bottom, as this doesn't quote.
Instead, click on Show Options at the head of the post you want to
reply to, and use the Reply in the grey area that then opens up. You
have to register the first time you post, but they don't spam you.

You can subscribe to groups, but I haven't bothered to find out what
that does. I just bookmark the opening page when I want to read a
group regularly.

Google groups access has a bad reputation, partly due to the several
hours it used to take for posts to appear, but this is now fixed. They
also now spam-protect your e-mail address.

Chris

Old June 5th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

A.E. Gelat a écrit:
Sometime ago, someone in the coins or stamps newsgroup mentioned how to
access newsgroups on Google(?). I did not save that post, so can someone
please direct me to the proper site? Thanks

Hi,

The shortcut is http://www.deja.com/
that google bought (ha, nostalgia,
this site was doing newsgroups and only
newsgroups...)

--
Cordialement
Dominique Stéphan
Old June 5th 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

When I switched to broadband, I also started using Google Groups. The
only problem, at first, was the it usually took a long time for posts
to appear, but now, while it's not instantaneous, it's pretty darn
quick. The best thing is the absence of spam. Don't know how they do
it, but it's wonderful! It would be nice if we could entice some people
back who left because of the spam.

Bob

Old June 7th 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

"A.E. Gelat" wrote in message
Sometime ago, someone in the coins or stamps newsgroup mentioned how to
access newsgroups on Google(?). I did not save that post, so can someone
please direct me to the proper site? Thanks

Tony

just Google it.

Jonathan_ATC

Old June 7th 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

wrote:
A.E. Gelat wrote:
[...]

Google Groups now has "Reply With Quote"
Lots of small improvements (although at a snails pace).

---------
YAHOO AUCTIONS - FREE LISTING - 100% FREE
http://auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/

World Coins Available Canuckcoin Coins 0 December 10th 03 02:12 AM
Coins available from around the world Canuckcoin Coins 0 December 10th 03 01:57 AM
Coin from around the world Canuckcoin Coins 0 December 10th 03 01:47 AM
Your Free Internet Income Course CW Paper Money 0 December 7th 03 11:06 PM
FS: PCGS Collection Less than Grading fees<>Proof Coins 50% Off & Free $20 Coin<>Market Sizzles<> bestcoin Coins 0 October 27th 03 05:26 AM