Three stamp IDs please

Old May 24th 10, 04:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
yoyo

Default Three stamp IDs please

Hello. I need some stamp IDs, please. What is the Scott number and
catalog value of this stamp (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ykerzner/
4633795985/in/photostream/)?

Also, can anyone identify which of at least five different stamps of
the same value this (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ykerzner/4633795923/
in/photostream/) is?

Also, how much would this used duck stamp be worth (http://
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ykerzne...photostream/)?

Thank you.
Old May 24th 10, 04:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
yoyo

Sorry, the links were messed up. For the first one, the link is
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ykerzner/4633795985/.
For the duck stamp, the link is http://www.flickr.com/photos/ykerzner/4633796061/
Old May 24th 10, 10:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On May 23, 11:17*pm, yoyo wrote:
Sorry, the links were messed up. For the first one, the link ishttp://www..flickr.com/photos/ykerzner/4633795985/.
For the duck stamp, the link ishttp://www.flickr.com/photos/ykerzner/4633796061/

OK, here we go:
The 15¢ looks like a Scott 259, issued October 1895. Mint value
$325.00, used value, $60.00.
The red one is a Postage Due stamp, Scott J35, issued September 24,
1894. Mint value, $400.00, used value, $40.00.
The last one is a Federal Duck stamp, Scott RW26, issued 1959. Mint
value, $120.00, used value, $11.00.
Centering of the first two is not all that great but considering when
they were printed is to be expected.
BTW, I think MNH is a misnomer. Mint means just like it came off the
press. No need for the NH.

Ralph
Old May 25th 10, 12:16 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
yoyo

OK, here we go:
The 15¢ looks like a Scott 259, issued October 1895. Mint value
$325.00, used value, $60.00.
The red one is a Postage Due stamp, Scott J35, issued September 24,
1894. Mint value, $400.00, used value, $40.00.
The last one is a Federal Duck stamp, Scott RW26, issued 1959. Mint
value, $120.00, used value, $11.00.
Centering of the first two is not all that great but considering when
they were printed is to be expected.
BTW, I think MNH is a misnomer. Mint means just like it came off the
press. No need for the NH.

Ralph

Thanks for the information, Ralph. If MNH is a misnomer, then why does
the Scott catalog (which I checked just today) have both Mint and NH
prices?

-Yosef
Old May 25th 10, 11:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On May 24, 7:16*pm, yoyo wrote:
OK, here we go:
The 15¢ looks like a Scott 259, issued October 1895. Mint value
$325.00, used value, $60.00.
The red one is a Postage Due stamp, Scott J35, issued September 24,
1894. Mint value, $400.00, used value, $40.00.
The last one is a Federal Duck stamp, Scott RW26, issued 1959. Mint
value, $120.00, used value, $11.00.
Centering of the first two is not all that great but considering when
they were printed is to be expected.
BTW, I think MNH is a misnomer. Mint means just like it came off the
press. No need for the NH.

Ralph

Thanks for the information, Ralph. If MNH is a misnomer, then why does
the Scott catalog (which I checked just today) have both Mint and NH
prices?

-Yosef

I have no clue why Scott has Mint and NH prices.
I have no clue why nearly all stamp dealers/people use MNH either.
I have no clue why you asked for stamp identification when
you apparently have access to Scott catalog.
Just my opinion, FWIW.

Ralph
Old May 25th 10, 04:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Billns

See inline comments:

Bill

On 5/25/2010 3:30 AM, Ralphael1 wrote:
On May 24, 7:16 pm, wrote:
[...]

I've got a bunch of Mint stamps that have been hinged.
I have no clue why you asked for stamp identification when
you apparently have access to Scott catalog.

Good catch, Ralph!
Just my opinion, FWIW.

Ralph

Old May 26th 10, 09:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On May 24, 7:16 pm, *wrote:
[...]

I do too. That makes them MH and they are cheaper than Mint stamps.
Then there are the "skips" that have been washed, technically
used...but?

Ralph
Old May 26th 10, 09:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Billns found these unused words:

On May 24, 7:16 pm, *wrote:
OK, here we go:
The 15¢ looks like a Scott 259, issued October 1895. Mint value
$325.00, used value, $60.00.
The red one is a Postage Due stamp, Scott J35, issued September 24,
1894. Mint value, $400.00, used value, $40.00.
The last one is a Federal Duck stamp, Scott RW26, issued 1959. Mint
value, $120.00, used value, $11.00.
Centering of the first two is not all that great but considering when
they were printed is to be expected.
BTW, I think MNH is a misnomer. Mint means just like it came off the
press. No need for the NH.

Ralph

Thanks for the information, Ralph. If MNH is a misnomer, then why does
the Scott catalog (which I checked just today) have both Mint and NH
prices?

-Yosef

I have no clue why Scott has Mint and NH prices.

Why, because there IS a difference. Mint can be hinged where as MNH means
NO, absolutely NO markings on the gum.

It's all for the folks who have to have the very best, perfect, ultra
example!

For the GB collector is', UM, MM, MNG and U
[Unmounted Mint, Mounted Mint, Mint - no gum and Used]

Again I say, Mint means just like it came off the presses.
GB UM? My Mint stamps are mounted, they are in Showgard Mounts but I
don't
consider them as UM or MM...Mint, just like the presse4s spit them
out.

Ralph
Old May 26th 10, 04:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
yoyo

I have no clue why Scott has Mint and NH prices.
I have no clue why nearly all stamp dealers/people use MNH either.
I have no clue why you asked for stamp identification when
you apparently have access to Scott catalog.
Just my opinion, FWIW.

Ralph

Ralph,
I asked for stamp identification because 1) to access the Scott
catalog I have to go to a central library that has it in the Library
Reference section, and that's 14 miles away, 2) because there are two
versions of the Henry Clay stamp (indigo and dark blue), with
different Scott numbers and Mint prices for each, and 3) there are at
least 4 versions (also with different Scott numbers) of the 10¢
Postage Due stamp, virtually indistinguishable from each other. I
thought that asking here would give me a specific Scott number to
classify the stamps with. -Yosef
Old May 26th 10, 11:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On May 26, 11:24*am, yoyo wrote:
[...]

Sorry if I ruffled your feathers a bit. Since you mentioned Scott
catalog I assumed you had access to one.
Don't take my reply as solid iron-clad, it isn't. It is just my
opinion.
Color shades elude me and many of other stampophilles. One needs a
color chart and even then I am not
comfortable with what I am seeing.
As you say the Postage Due varieties are "virtually
indistinguishable."
The Henry Clay and Postage Due would have to be expertized to get a
handle on them and then
Then comes the questiopn; hoow qualified is the expertizer.
No problem with the Duck Stamp. It was issued much later when there
was better technology.

Ralph