Tech; Re IR remote for standard Rowe cd100???

Old March 31st 04, 06:27 PM
BriMc

Default Tech; Re IR remote for standard Rowe cd100???

Hi Group,
I was wondering if a standard rowe cd100 can accept a rowe IR wireless
remote? I have been through the entire manual and it just talks
about the hard wired units. Any info would be appreciated. Brian

Old April 1st 04, 03:05 PM
KLR

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 17:27:03 GMT, "BriMc"
wrote:

Hi Group,
I was wondering if a standard rowe cd100 can accept a rowe IR wireless
remote? I have been through the entire manual and it just talks
about the hard wired units. Any info would be appreciated. Brian

yes - there is a kit that you can buy. Its about $500AU and gives you
a remote that you can select from - adjust separate volumes from and
also cancel /mute from.

if plugs into the rowelink (orange _ white) socket and the 6 way power
socket on the CCC - and connects to the terminals that the manual
volume control uses.

It isnt very hard to set up and there is a manual with it.

I have only ever used a couple of them though where hard wiring has
been impossible - or the juke has to be able to be moved around and
cant be wired in.

In my experience the remote is too expensive and you get callouts for
things like flat batteries, and like almost all IR remotes - CFL
fluros (that are used everywhere these days) tend to interfere with
the IR remote as the tube in them ages and starts to emit IR at about
the same level as the remote does.

Must also remember that the IR remote wont work round corners or
through people or other objects.
Old April 1st 04, 11:33 PM
ThomasTeeter

Yes, it can use the wireless remote. It comes as a kit with interface
board, IR sensor, and the IR remote controller. I don't have the part#
handy, but contact your Rowe distributor. If you have one of the
earlier CCC EEPROMS, you might need to upgrade the EEPROM to a later
version.

Thomas
E-mail: thomasteeter(at)budweiser.com
Ebay ID: absolutelygreatgames