Isn't it nice what a little cherrypciking and a nice will will do?

Old July 18th 03, 11:50 AM
Barry K

Default Isn't it nice what a little cherrypciking and a nice will will do?

The buy:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...y=11 958&rd=1

The sell:

Barry
--
Note - Remove the X from my e-mail address for direct replies
Old July 18th 03, 01:39 PM
John Carney

"Barry K" wrote in message ...
The buy:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...y=11 958&rd=1

The sell:

Barry
--
Note - Remove the X from my e-mail address for direct replies

Nice! I've snagged more than a few nice coins on ebay for bargain prices from sellers who
provide crappy pictures.

--
John

Visit the RCCers favorite coins web page
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jcarne...ns/rccers.html

Old July 18th 03, 02:18 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Barry K wrote:

The buy:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...y=11 958&rd=1

The sell:

Barry
--
Note - Remove the X from my e-mail address for direct replies

Well spied! Congratulations on your profit.

Alan
'one man's trash is another man's treasure'
Old July 18th 03, 07:55 PM
Barry K

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:45:12 GMT, (Bruce
Hickmott) wrote:

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 10:50:39 GMT,
(Barry K) is alleged to
have written:

The buy:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...y=11 958&rd=1

The sell:

Barry
--
Note - Remove the X from my e-mail address for direct replies

VERY nicely done. Knowledge is power! Though how you deduced the variety from
the terrible original photos is a mystery to me.

Bruce

Bruce,
I shouldn't give away my secrets, but for the 1838 partial drapery,
the clash mark on the reverse is usually much more easily seen than
the partial drapery/clash mark on the obverse. That's how I picked it
up on this coin, being low grade and lower grade picture. This is the
second 1838 PD I've flipped on Ebay. They go for way over Trends. The
last one was a VG, which should have gotten about $30, but went for
$170!
The big boys sometimes miss it also. There was an MS-60-something in
an NGC holder in one of the big auctions last year. NGC missed it and
the auction house missed it (or didn't look). Thought I'd be able to
snag it, but it was noticed by one of the Seated Dime experts
(Fortin), and he outbid me.
Greer doesn't even mention the reverse clash in his book, though Awash
does in his older book which Greer pretty much replaced (and we're
still waiting for Gerry Fortin's CD-book that was promised to be done
a year or two ago).
Barry
--
Note - Remove the X from my e-mail address for direct replies
Old July 18th 03, 07:57 PM
Barry K

Just noticed how munged my title got. Sorry about that folks! Should
have been:
"Isn't it nice what a little cherrypicking and a nice photo will do"

Old July 18th 03, 08:15 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:55:15 GMT, (Barry K) is alleged to
have written:

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:45:12 GMT,
(Bruce
Hickmott) wrote:

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 10:50:39 GMT,
(Barry K) is alleged to
have written:

The buy:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...y=11 958&rd=1

The sell:

Barry
--
Note - Remove the X from my e-mail address for direct replies

VERY nicely done. Knowledge is power! Though how you deduced the variety from
the terrible original photos is a mystery to me.

Bruce

Bruce,
I shouldn't give away my secrets, but for the 1838 partial drapery,
the clash mark on the reverse is usually much more easily seen than
the partial drapery/clash mark on the obverse. That's how I picked it
up on this coin, being low grade and lower grade picture.

Okay, I can see it. Just barely. Good eye!

Bruce