(RCSD) Penny Black

Old November 22nd 07, 01:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

Default (RCSD) Penny Black

On Nov 22, 1:06 am, "rodney" wrote:
wrote in message
I can browse with IE, Firefox, Nutscrape, Opera. Google sux for news,
I'll use a news reader like Agent. Open (Orifice) Office is a great
alternative to the real deal. Photoshop works bee-ew-ti-fullee on my
PC. Haven't had to get a "bridge" program to talk directly to Macs.
Can run Turbo Lister... and the delcampe lister...

I chose to forgo speed and other doubtful utilities,
in preference for a safer/healthy working environment.
by example, ..........here I am at my computer desk,

My stamp collecting has become a wonderful experience,
the only trouble is, I sometimes nod off.http://cjoint.com/data/lwf3eymHFv.htm

I was thinking more of.....
http://cjoint.com/data/lwolM5UxC0.htm

8*)

Blair

Old November 23rd 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message

I was thinking more of.....
http://cjoint.com/data/lwolM5UxC0.htm
8*)
Blair

heh heh
the folicly challenged kat,
no whiskers on that fellow.

Did you know, an Australian footballer once had his name
legally changed to "Whiskas"? he played for the Geelong Cats
and the theory was, the callers would have to call "Whiskas" everytime
he had control of the ball, thereby advertising a local pet food company.

Old November 25th 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 12:20:03 +0800, "rodney"
wrote:

wrote in message

felt good, very few "blue screens of death".

Never had a BSOD in my entire life,
that is until this week.

Rut Roh...

The motherboard in my cheapies lacked
LAN drivers or audio drivers, and when I installed
a graphics accelerator POW!

Heh!

BSOD is very disconcerting, but was easily fixed.

Yes, by rebooting. :^) I love the memory dump BSOD. hehehehe...
They take forever.

With the new LCD monitor, must say the stamps take on a new hue
the pinks and magentas are brilliant.

Hello! I hear that one. I'm still using some older Nokia 447ZA Plus
monitors (free!) and a newer Dell flat screen LCD. The difference
between them is amazing!
Old November 25th 07, 03:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 12:29:22 +0800, "rodney"
wrote:

wrote in message
wrote:

P4's will run XP-Pro ... You'll have some added functions and better USB

and
firewire support with it. If you set it for the 'Classic" mode, then it

will
look and run just like a better 98se. Be sure it's the XP-Pro with SP2!

Agreed.

Upgraded today to XP pro SP2, and took the classic mode,
I now feel in familiar territory.
I still use ACDSee as my "Windows explorer" for no other than
the ability to bulk rename my stamp cataloguing,
If I need to rename bulk images, ACDSee will allow
a hatch wildcard to implement a broken catalogue continuum,
which saves so much typing input.
MS never got around to that easiest but valuable tool.

My "dummies book" suggests anything over 512 ram for XP
is wasted, unless driving CAD or suchlike.

Or Photoshop / Adobe suite programs. I have 640 Meg on my W2K PC and
it runs well.
Old November 25th 07, 03:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 09:29:15 -0800, Sir F. A. Rien
wrote:

"rodney" found these unused words:

wrote in message

felt good, very few "blue screens of death".

Never had a BSOD in my entire life,
that is until this week.
The motherboard in my cheapies lacked
LAN drivers or audio drivers, and when I installed
a graphics accelerator POW!
BSOD is very disconcerting, but was easily fixed.
With the new LCD monitor, must say the stamps take on a new hue
the pinks and magentas are brilliant.

Hopefully I'm not falling vistim to an 'urban legend' or old age is the
factor, but I notice much more eye strain on the LCDs than on tubes.
I'm using glasses with UV blocker and that's made a great diference to me.

Perhaps the UL is correct in that the lamp source transmits much more UV
than tubes did. No fact, just personal use involved for my position.

I also fin that I can't match the colours a perfectly with the LCDs as I can
with tube. Stamps aren't a problem, but calibration for photograph imagery
to printer is!

One thing I resigned myself to do since the very early days was to get
a light tint on my glasses to help with the fluorescent lights of the
"offices" or any glare of my home setup.

That said, it probably plays a little havoc with those color
variations!
Old November 25th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 14:06:09 +0800, "rodney"
wrote:

wrote in message

I can browse with IE, Firefox, Nutscrape, Opera. Google sux for news,
I'll use a news reader like Agent. Open (Orifice) Office is a great
alternative to the real deal. Photoshop works bee-ew-ti-fullee on my
PC. Haven't had to get a "bridge" program to talk directly to Macs.
Can run Turbo Lister... and the delcampe lister...

I chose to forgo speed and other doubtful utilities,
in preference for a safer/healthy working environment.
by example, ..........here I am at my computer desk,

My stamp collecting has become a wonderful experience,
the only trouble is, I sometimes nod off.
http://cjoint.com/data/lwf3eymHFv.htm

Hmmm... I can see why!
Old November 28th 07, 12:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Tony Clayton" wrote in message news:639463484f%

Where do you put the stamp hinges?
Tony Clayton

We are a non-hinge household Tony,
Hagner's only, welcome.

(RCSD) Looking Back #191 - Dockwra's London Penny Post Blair (TC) General Discussion 1 July 11th 07 12:25 PM
Penny Black Information Rod General Discussion 0 February 12th 07 07:26 AM
Penny Black. Rod General Discussion 1 February 7th 07 04:59 AM
GB Penny Black Blair (TC) General Discussion 3 December 19th 06 12:52 AM
Get a Perfect Penny Black Craig Johnson General Discussion 5 February 13th 05 09:43 PM