(RCSD) Ebay query.

Old November 25th 07, 03:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Default (RCSD) Ebay query.

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 12:31:11 -0500, "Tony Vella"
wrote:

"Sir F. A. Rien" wrote in message
.. .
"Terry Reedy" found these unused words:

"Ralphael1" wrote in message
| Last evening I went on an ebay search and found a couple of items I
| wanted. I signed up as a ebay user and made the purchase, now the good
| part.

I presume these were 'store' rather than 'auction' items.

| I did not sign up for PayPal and paid with my credit card, however all
| documents state PayPal, everything says I used PayPal, how can that
| be???

If you are paying by credit card rather than bank or paypal account
transfer, then only the seller needs to have a Paypal account. My wife
has
made payments via Paypal (to non-EBay vendors) without using my Paypal
account and without even having an ebay account.

Guess what, she's opened a PAyPal account, whether she intended to or not!

They have her name, CC info and "E" and physical addresses.

That's all they need and they -=will=- retain the information - to me,
that's an "Account"!

Best thing I did! Before PayPal I had to forward all my credit card
information with every purchase to heaven knows how many different sellers.
I have been using my PayPal account since the very first day it became
available in Canada and have *never* had a single penny discrepancy between
my winning bid and what I was charged. A Paisa account must come next
before every other person and his cousin in India gets to know my Visa and
American Express info.

Heh... I tried signing up for a MoneyBookers account because of my
connection with delcampe auctions. No go. Oh well, most of the time
I can still pay by PayPal, but it costs me about 0,50 Euro to do so. I
can live with that because of the material I'm buying.
Old November 27th 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Clayton[_2_]

In a recent message "Tony Vella" wrote:

[snip]

When you say that for a buyer a PayPal account is not *too* bad a deal, I am
left with the impression that a Paypal account is a bad deal but not *too*
bad a one. Since I have never had any negativity as a buyer in all the
years and transactions I have used the account, this leaves me wondering
whether I am missing something. Perhaps you would not mind explaining why
it is bad but not too. Thanks in advance.

Personally I have never had any problems with Paypal. However, I do
use a credit card rather than a debit card despite their often asking me to add
one.

I just feel happier that way.

--
Tony Clayton