Nadir

Old June 25th 11, 02:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough[_2_]

Default Nadir

This is it. This is the worst this group has been, at least in the 11
years I've been following it. We're seeing the absolute worst in human
nature in all its glory, the most repugnant messaging, the most mindless
belligerence, the lowest content/flame ratio. It's like a troupe of
chimpanzees screeching at one another. No, that's not it. Chimpanzees
are too close to being human, too bright. It's like a troupe of howler
monkeys, high in the trees, far from having their feet firmly on the
ground, screeching at one another. Congrats. You've brought in on
yourselves. Now you're surrounding only by those like you. Lord of the
Flies indeed.

--

Consumer: http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Connoisseur: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Old June 25th 11, 02:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jeff R.[_3_]

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
This is it. This is the worst this group has been, at least in the 11
years I've been following it. We're seeing the absolute worst in human
nature in all its glory, the most repugnant messaging, the most mindless
belligerence, the lowest content/flame ratio. It's like a troupe of
chimpanzees screeching at one another. No, that's not it. Chimpanzees are
too close to being human, too bright. It's like a troupe of howler
monkeys, high in the trees, far from having their feet firmly on the
ground, screeching at one another. Congrats. You've brought in on
yourselves. Now you're surrounding only by those like you. Lord of the
Flies indeed.

--

Relax Reid.
Just ignore the idiots, and they'll get bored and go away.

Take the long view.

--
Jeff R.

Old June 25th 11, 03:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Jun 25, 8:54*am, "Jeff R." wrote:
[...]

I was actually guessing for a while that all of this particular food
fight was Reamo himself back here on RCC nymshifting again, but the
bulk of the "facts" seem to suggest that BartPinko is some child in
Northern New Jersey or maybe across the state line near New York City.

Nevertheless, since it hasn't been said for a few days, let everyone
be reminded that Reamo is dubious and unreliable in all respects
related to numismatics and many other subjects.

oly
Old June 25th 11, 03:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough[_2_]

On 6/25/2011 9:54 AM, Jeff R. wrote:
Just ignore the idiots, and they'll get bored and go away.

Take the long view.

This is true. But only in part. There's a difference between what we're
seeing now and what we've seen in the past, here and in other
newsgroups. These days the number of good-faith posters compared with
the flameboys is the lowest it has ever been, so when somebody like
pinkbanknotes comes along, he's engaged fully. This increases the
chances of his sticking around, it attracts more like him, and it cause
more normal people to leave.

Anybody know or have a feel for who pinkbanknotes is? I haven't followed
all of it or even close to all of it. Is he a real person just coming
here, let's see, five days ago, or is he another sockpuppet for one of
the regular flameboys?

Old June 25th 11, 03:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jim_Higgins

On 6/25/11 10:36 AM, Reid Goldsborough wrote:
On 6/25/2011 9:54 AM, Jeff R. wrote:
Just ignore the idiots, and they'll get bored and go away.

Take the long view.

This is true. But only in part. There's a difference between what we're
seeing now and what we've seen in the past, here and in other
newsgroups. These days the number of good-faith posters compared with
the flameboys is the lowest it has ever been, so when somebody like
pinkbanknotes comes along, he's engaged fully. This increases the
chances of his sticking around, it attracts more like him, and it cause
more normal people to leave.

Anybody know or have a feel for who pinkbanknotes is? I haven't followed
all of it or even close to all of it. Is he a real person just coming
here, let's see, five days ago, or is he another sockpuppet for one of
the regular flameboys?

I just add the twits to my KF and enjoy peace. Either a KF filter for a
poster or one for any cross-posts works well as does a subject KF.
Old June 25th 11, 09:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Jun 25, 2:52*pm, "
wrote:
On Jun 25, 10:31*am, oly wrote:

On Jun 25, 8:54*am, "Jeff R." wrote:

[...]

Hey Oly dick head, I am a dealer seller and sold $10M to buyers and
know much more then you do ASSHOLE! I know numismatics more than
anyone so go with Readflameboy and **** him like you did with the
finger you drew!!- Hide quoted text -

No you're not, and no you don't. "NO" doesn't translate very well for
13 year-olds with mental problems, eh???

oly

Old June 26th 11, 03:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Jun 25, 3:52*pm, "
wrote:
On Jun 25, 10:31*am, oly wrote:

On Jun 25, 8:54*am, "Jeff R." wrote:

[...]

You are an egotistical teenager with personality issues and visions of
grandeur.. You're posting from Chatham, New Jersey. Go ahead, now,
make your childish response, and call me an anal orifice.

Jerry
Old June 29th 11, 02:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Galikanokus

Reid Goldsborough wrote:

[...]

Dono. I just plonked it.

JAM