Fred Reinfeld (1910-1964)

Old January 3rd 10, 02:40 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.collecting.coins,rec.games.chess.computer
samsloan

Default Fred Reinfeld (1910-1964)

It was a massive undertaking to reprint this book. In fact, I wish I
had known how difficult it was going to be. I never would have done
it.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...SBN=4871878007
http://www.amazon.com/dp/4871878007

My printer requires that all images be 300 dpi. With 4,000 images in
the book, the file after scanning was more than 2 gigabytes.

I had a difficult time just sending the file to the printer. I was
afraid he would not be able to process it.

Fortunately, he did and the book is out now.

Sam Sloan

Old January 3rd 10, 06:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.collecting.coins,rec.games.chess.computer
The Masked Bishop

Reinfeld was a great chess writer, under-rated in today's glut of
opening monographs and over-priced Kasparov doorstops. I myself got my
start with Winning at Chess and Chess in a Nutshell.

The only writer who has come close to his style and ability to
popularize the game is Silman, but even he writes to the tournament
player. We need a new Reinfeld!

TMB