Aussie Officials

Old September 8th 04, 12:36 AM
Graham Gilbert

Default Aussie Officials

I have a few of these (Perfin OS) and unfortunately Scott does not provide
any information. Is there somewhere on the Internet that this information
can be located? I'm not worried so much about value - simply how many issues
there were so I can make pages properly with space for all. TIA

Old September 8th 04, 03:07 AM
Rodney

G'day Graham,
I havn't checked the web as yet.
In my experience there is well over 200,
and if you keep shades, well the mind boggles.
Remember there are printed "OS" and state officials also
"G NSW" "WA" etc etc.
I keep my collection in Hagners, so it's easy to slot them in
Some can be worth a pretty Sou as well.

In the KGV single crown over A (comb perf) there are 25
(the 4d lemon is worth $600-$100)
3rd crown over A there are 14
small multiple there are 6

Hope this helps in some small way, the more advanced collectors
would possibly offer more detailed info.

Old September 8th 04, 03:33 AM
Rodney

Hmmm, now the easy way
Pop along to your local Library, and check
the Stanley Gibbons Brit Commonwealth Ed.
The "Officials" back of book section has them
all.

Old September 8th 04, 09:44 AM
renster

"Graham Gilbert" wrote in

I have a few of these (Perfin OS) and unfortunately Scott does not
provide any information. Is there somewhere on the Internet that this
information can be located? I'm not worried so much about value -
simply how many issues there were so I can make pages properly with
space for all. TIA

Stamps were punctured OS from 1902. Kangaroos stamps for federal uses were
first punctured with large OS (14mm high). This was later changed to
punctured small OS (7.5mm high) from the end of 1913. A medium sized OS was
used for three issues from 1927 to 1929 (12mm high). Overprinted OS was
introduced in 1931. February 1933 was the last time punctured or
overprinted OS was used.

Commemoratives that were punctured include;
- small OS 1928 3d Kookaburra, 1930 Sturt Set.
- medium OS 1927 1 1/2 Canberra, 1929 1 1/2 W.A. and 1929 3d Air Mail

As Rodney indicates there are quite a few punctured OS and there are also
state used punctures. So across Kangaroos, KGVs (large and small OS) alone
there are quite a few to cater for

Rene
Old September 8th 04, 10:45 AM
Chris Doran

"Rodney" wrote in message ...
Hmmm, now the easy way
Pop along to your local Library, and check
the Stanley Gibbons Brit Commonwealth Ed.
The "Officials" back of book section has them
all.

Since he says he uses Scott and has a .net.nothing ISP, the most
"local" library having SG would probably involve an international
flight!

The basic list is at SG's online cat commencing at:
http://www.allworldstamps.com/result...6&sid=57&fid=5 If you
sign up for a free trial period you can expand the sets for the extra
varieties (not too many). Alternatively, e-mail me and I'll send you a
scan of the OS page.

Other people (including me) may be interested in your pages, as Bill
Steiner doesn't do the perfins, presumably because he uses Scott. But
I don't have his latest disk.

ISTR searching the web unsuccessfully some years ago for a list of
which stamps got state perfinned. Maybe there is one now.

Chris

Old September 8th 04, 11:10 AM
ThibauT

Pour participer à nos (d)ébats, (Chris
Doran) sussurait le 8 Sep 2004 02:45:11 -0700 :

Hi,

The basic list is at SG's online cat commencing at:
http://www.allworldstamps.com/result...6&sid=57&fid=5 If you
sign up for a free trial period you can expand the sets for the extra
varieties (not too many). Alternatively, e-mail me and I'll send you a
scan of the OS page.

Michel catalog indicates approx 70 perfins (indications under the
'normal' set). For the moment, I've only copies of regular issues
pages but in a few days, I will receive a complete Michel for
Australia, I can tell you at this moment.

However, the SG is certainly more precise. And in a BW in a club or
local library??

--
ThibauT
Best regards from Vergèze, city of Perrier, France )
Old September 17th 04, 10:55 AM
ThibauT

Pour participer Ã* nos (d)ébats, ThibauT
sussurait le Wed, 08 Sep 2004
12:10:14 +0200 :

Michel catalog indicates approx 70 perfins (indications under the
'normal' set). For the moment, I've only copies of regular issues
pages but in a few days, I will receive a complete Michel for
Australia, I can tell you at this moment.

Hi,
I've got my Michel catalogue, it's wonderful ;o))

For the OS perfins :
3 types
TypI : 15*14mm, O=18 holes, S=17 holes
TypII : 15.5*8mm, O=12 holes, S=11 holes
TypIII : 14*10mm, O=12 holes, S=12holes

Total of 81 perfins (without color, design or wk variation)

TypI only a the first Roo&Map (1913)
TypII on all the stamps (except the few TypIII)
TypIII on Parliament 1927( 1 1/2p), Airmail 1929 (3p) , Colonisation
1929 (1 1/2p), Sturt 1930 (1 1/2p, 3p)

For details, just ask ;o)
--
ThibauT
Best regards from Vergèze (France), city of Perrier ;o)
Old September 17th 04, 02:00 PM
Rodney

G'day Thibau,

Yes I would like some info please.
Can you check what Michel has regarding the
1915 two and one half pence (2.5d) indigo blue roo
Crown over A wmk (2nd wmk) perfinned "OS"

There is debate over whether these are fakes,
I don't recall seeing any reports of them on cover.

It was printed in the midst of WW1 on emergency paper
supply, so records may be suspect.
I'd be intersted to see what Michel advises.

Thanks

Old September 18th 04, 12:22 PM
ThibauT

Pour participer Ã* nos (d)ébats, "Rodney"
sussurait le Fri, 17 Sep 2004 21:00:01 +0800 :

G'day Thibau,

Hi Rodney,

Yes I would like some info please.
Can you check what Michel has regarding the
1915 two and one half pence (2.5d) indigo blue roo
Crown over A wmk (2nd wmk) perfinned "OS"

wide crown (Scott wk 9) or narrow crown (Scott wk 10) ??
I think you talk about the first one because of your '2nd wk' but with
all the denominations in all the catalogues I'm not sure )

There is debate over whether these are fakes,
I don't recall seeing any reports of them on cover.

It was printed in the midst of WW1 on emergency paper
supply, so records may be suspect.
I'd be intersted to see what Michel advises.

If we talk about the same wk (Scott wk 9 = Michel wk 3), the 2.5d
indigo blue roo (Scott number 39 = Michel number 22 II) was issued in
July 1915 according Michel...

....and there is no issue of this stamp with OS perfin !
There is also no text about some fakes.

Thanks

you're welcome ;o)
I have answered privatly to your email.