Linen album pages

Old September 12th 04, 08:51 PM
John Mycroft

Default Linen album pages

Gday

I used to use the album pages at stampalbums.com when I had access to a
large format laser printer but now I'm stuck with an ordinary 8.5 x 11 job.
Does anyone know if you can buy complete pre-punched page hinges, presumably
11" x 1" with a linen hinge attached so I can print 8x11 pages and then put
them into a binder with my existing pages? I've found places where you can
buy linen tape but nowhere to get the pre-punched bit to put in the binder
(and I no longer have access to a guillotine to cut my own).

--
Cheers - John Mycroft
coryton_at_cobbsmill_dot_com

Old September 12th 04, 11:41 PM
Bob Harper

John,
I have seen a system marketed by Prinz of Germany where an A4 printed page
is attached to a gummed edging strip which is punched to fit ringbinders.
Whether you could interpose a linen hinge between I do not know but I am
visiting Autumn STAMPEX on Wednesday, Prinz are usually there, so I will try
and find out.
Bob

Old September 13th 04, 01:41 PM
John Mycroft

Thanks, Bob

That would be great. I'm not fussed about the linen hinge, I just want some
way to make full use of all, or nearly all, of the 8.5 x 11 area and the
Prinz system you've found sounds ideal. I've got a mountain of acid-free
paper that I - er - liberated from my old job. (I owned the company so I
guess I can get away with it!)

Old September 13th 04, 05:47 PM
John Mycroft

Hi, again, Bob

I checked out the Prinz site and they do have them though they include a
blank page. There's also a company called Lineco who make exactly what I
need (though they say theirs are for photos) & they cost $7.50 for a pack of
10.

Old September 16th 04, 01:58 PM
Mr. Tracy Barber

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:51:17 -0400, "John Mycroft"
wrote:

Gday

I used to use the album pages at stampalbums.com when I had access to a
large format laser printer but now I'm stuck with an ordinary 8.5 x 11 job.
Does anyone know if you can buy complete pre-punched page hinges, presumably
11" x 1" with a linen hinge attached so I can print 8x11 pages and then put
them into a binder with my existing pages? I've found places where you can
buy linen tape but nowhere to get the pre-punched bit to put in the binder
(and I no longer have access to a guillotine to cut my own).

I print Steiner's pages in 8.5 x 11 format. Works for me. Don't need
the extra sized paper. :^)
Old September 19th 04, 01:33 PM
Bob Harper

Hi John,
I did ask at the Prinz stand and they said that adding a linen strip was one
of the options which they considered. It proved however to be over
complicated and so the idea was dropped. The Prinz system does seen to work
well however but it is based on European sizes (A4).