Inflation redux

Old February 14th 11, 04:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Beanie[_2_]

Default Inflation redux

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110214/...lothing_prices

Old February 14th 11, 08:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Peter[_6_]

On Feb 14, 11:30*am, "Beanie" wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110214/...lothing_prices

http://money.cnn.com/2011/02/10/mark...llar/index.htm

About half way down the page is Mr. Bernanke defending the case that
there really is no inflation ...

Perhaps its just me, but I don't necessarily believe him.
Old February 14th 11, 09:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Beanie[_2_]

"oly" wrote in message
If clothes price do go up 70% in line with the price of cotton (and it ain't
happened yet), gee, I don't have to buy any, none, zero. For years, literally.
And its going to take several years before I even start to look remotely ratty.

Being retired makes my wardrobe choices simple ones.
If cold: jeans and a flannel shirt or a sweatshirt, worn with an undershirt.
If mild: omit undershirt
If hot: shorts and a tee shirt or Hawaiian shirt.

Old February 15th 11, 01:27 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"Beanie" wrote in message ...
"oly" wrote in message
If clothes price do go up 70% in line with the price of cotton (and it
ain't happened yet), gee, I don't have to buy any, none, zero. For years,
literally. And its going to take several years before I even start to look
remotely ratty.

Being retired makes my wardrobe choices simple ones.
If cold: jeans and a flannel shirt or a sweatshirt, worn with an
undershirt.
If mild: omit undershirt
If hot: shorts and a tee shirt or Hawaiian shirt.

Also retired, I haven't bought a suit in 30 years and the emergency one
I have now is useful as long as I don't have to breathe. I plan to buy a
conservative new one in the next week or so, considering my age and the age
of my friends. I guess I should avoid cotton. I also haven't bought a pair
of dress shoes in about the same 30 years. My one pair of emergency
semi-dress shoes began to shed their rubber soles in big dry rot chunks
during a funeral last month. I bought a replacement pair last week. I have
one tie. Who needs more? I have one pair of emergency black socks to wear
with my emergency shoes. Otherwise, it's white sports socks year round
along with a wardrobe similar to yours. I have two Hawaiian shirts. One
was bought in 1969 in Honolulu, the other was a TV show replica bought in an
Oahu market on impulse at the height of the Magnum PI craze. Neither one
fits but I still keep them. What size are you?

Old February 15th 11, 08:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

Also retired (early) 7 years ago. After 30 years of wearing jacket and
tie to work, I now wear T-shirts, jeans, white athletic socks, and
sneakers almost exclusively. I don't miss wearing that 'rope' around
my neck, or having to dress up for the sole reason of impressing
customers. As is the case with previous posters, I could probably wear
the same clothes that are in my closet for the remainder of my life,
with the exception of occasionally replacing underwear, socks, and
sneakers. Life after work is good. I highly recommend retirement, with
the caveat of keeping the cost of living in mind. I thought that
allowing for a 5% cost of living increase per year was reasonable, but
that was before health care, and gasoline prices skyrocketed, and the
stock market wiped out 47% of my investments. Luckily I haven't been
forced to sell any of my collections (yet).

Jud -Don't touch my Social Security!-

eBay redux Voltronicus Coins 1 October 2nd 08 03:59 AM
eBay redux RF Coins 1 January 8th 08 03:16 PM
eBay redux RF Coins 0 December 22nd 07 10:35 PM
Argentinian Inflation / German inflation TC Blair General Discussion 3 January 6th 05 10:28 PM
Microscopes redux Jorg Lueke Coins 16 April 18th 04 09:57 PM