Ronald Reagan Coins Available Now!

Old February 5th 11, 04:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Alfred Regnery

Default Ronald Reagan Coins Available Now!

These are exciting times for patriotic Americans who continue to honor and
revere President Ronald Reagan. February 6, 2011, will mark the 100th
anniversary of Reagan's birth. As we observe the Ronald Reagan Centennial,
we are presented with a renewed opportunity to celebrate his ideals,
recognize his achievements, and preserve his legacy.
About the Artist
Elizabeth Jones

When President Reagan appointed Elizabeth Jones Chief Engraver of the United
States Mint in 1981, she was already revered as one of the world's finest
medallic sculptors. Ever since her days as an art student in Rome, she had
devoted her talent to bas relief sculpture for medals and Coins. After
completing her studies at Rome's unique Scuola dell'Arte della Medaglia, a
school inside the Italian mint, the young American artist went on to win
numerous prestigious commissions for her spirited medallic portraits. And by
1972, she was named Sculptor of the Year by the American Numismatic Society.

During her ten years at the U.S. Mint, Elizabeth Jones's coins gained
further recognition for their beauty. Her distinctive designs included the
only three US coins to ever win the International Medallion of the Year
Award.

To honor Ronald Reagan during his centennial celebration, Eagle Publishing
has partnered with the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation to introduce a
stunning tribute to the 40th President of the United States. The Ronald
Reagan "Great Moments" Commemorative Coins are heirloom-quality
commemoratives that memorialize two of Reagan's greatest achievements...

On the morning of his inauguration, Ronald Wilson Reagan addressed a nation
shadowed by inflation, heavy taxes, and self-destructive foreign policies.
And, as he foretold the bright future he would bring to America, sunlight
burst through the dark clouds above.

In June of 1987, President Reagan stood before the Brandenburg Gate. There
he challenged Mikhail Gorbachev to end the tyranny symbolized by the Berlin
Wall. Two years later, crumbled by Reagan's firm policy, this wall - and the
Communist regime it stood for - came tumbling down.

These prophetic occasions represent two of the great triumphs of Ronald
Reagan's presidency - as well as his insight into men's hearts ... his great
vision ... his strength. And now they lend their splendor to a very special
series of collectibles that honor the legacy of this great American - The
Ronald Reagan "Great Moments" Commemorative Coins.

Elizabeth Jones - the renowned artist Reagan appointed Chief Engraver of the
United States Mint - was commissioned to design the Ronald Reagan "Great
Moments" Commemorative Coins. Jones designed these Coins in the fresh,
spirited style Reagan especially admired.

In the striking bas relief portraits sculpted for the face of the
Inauguration Medallion, Jones captured the glory of Ronald Reagan's first
inauguration. Featuring both President and Mrs. Reagan in their jubilant
ride down Pennsylvania Avenue, the Inauguration Medallion honors the new
hope the Reagans brought to the White House on February 20, 1981. A phrase
made famous by Ronald Reagan later in his Presidency, - "It's morning in
America" - are engraved on the Inauguration Medallion to recall the optimism
our nation shared on that historic day and throughout his presidency.

President Reagan's bold challenge, "Mr. Gorbachev, Tear Down this Wall"
graces the Berlin Wall Medallion. Jones captured the drama of Reagan's
resounding admonition to Mikhail Gorbachev at the Brandenburg Gate section
of the Berlin Wall in West Germany on June 12, 1987. The Berlin Wall
Medallion is a stunning tribute to the leader of the free world who brought
down Communism and ended the Cold War.

To grace the back of both Coins, Jones rendered a sculpt inspired by the U.S
presidential Seal in splendid detail. The dates of Reagan's presidency and
the silver content have also been engraved on the back of each medallion.
And every nuance of Jones's art has been perfectly preserved throughout this
important first edition. These flawless, proof-quality silver Coins are
truly worthy of the great man they honor.

As impressive in size as in beauty, each medallion measures a full 1.85
inches in diameter and is cast in one full troy ounce of .999 pure silver.
Each medallion is double-struck for maximum sharpness and detail. Enclosed
in a special presentation case, this is the perfect gift for the American
who reveres President Ronald Reagan.

This is a treasure of lasting value. And it is certain to be prized by
knowledgeable collectors. For each medallion is proof-quality, meeting the
highest numismatic standards ... double struck for exceptional clarity and
detail ... with the distinctive reeded edge that marks the most desirable
Coins. Packaged in a protective clear plastic capsule, and untouched except
by gloved hands, your Coins will hold their radiance and luster forever.

And, I know you'll agree, works that capture the legacy of the Reagan
presidency so well will be wonderful treasures to pass on to your children
and grandchildren someday.

But to fully appreciate the impressive size, beauty, and radiance of these
brilliant silver Coins, you really need to see them for yourself. Please
note: This is a strictly limited first edition. And only 5,000 of each
design of the two Coins will be issued worldwide. So it is essential that
you place your order now.

http://www.hebookservice.com/product...?prod_cd=c7423

Old February 5th 11, 04:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Dumfukistani Ronnie

"Alfred Regnery" wrote in message

Good for nothing Reagan has his pot smoking face on money?

Old February 5th 11, 05:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ken Barr

In article ,
"Alfred Regnery" wrote:

[snip]
stunning tribute to the 40th President of the United States. The Ronald
Reagan "Great Moments" Commemorative Coins are heirloom-quality

How odd ... the website cited calls them Medallions rather than Coins ...

# The Ronald Reagan "Great Moments" Commemorative Medallions are
# heirloom-quality commemoratives that memorialize two of Reagan's

series of collectibles that honor the legacy of this great American - The
Ronald Reagan "Great Moments" Commemorative Coins.

How odd ... the website cited calls them Medallions rather than Coins ...

# that honor the legacy of this great American -- The Ronald Reagan
"Great
# Moments" Commemorative Medallions.

Elizabeth Jones - the renowned artist Reagan appointed Chief Engraver of the
United States Mint - was commissioned to design the Ronald Reagan "Great
Moments" Commemorative Coins. Jones designed these Coins in the fresh,
spirited style Reagan especially admired.

How odd ... the website cited calls them Medallions rather than Coins ...

# Elizabeth Jones -- the renowned artist Reagan appointed Chief Engraver
of the
# United States Mint -- was commissioned to design the Ronald Reagan
"Great
# Moments" Commemorative Medallions. Jones designed these medallions in
the
# fresh, spirited style Reagan especially admired.

[several more examples of creative editing omitted]

How come on the website they are Medallions but on the r.c.c
newsfroup they are Coins?

And $199.90 for two one-ounce silver rounds??? Who do you think
I am, a Republican?!? I doubt even oly would buy these things
at a hunnertbux an ounze ...

--
Ken Barr Numismatics * * * *email:
P. O. Box 32541 * * * * * * website: *http://www.kenbarr.com
Old February 5th 11, 06:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Feb 5, 11:52*am, Ken Barr wrote:
In article ,
*"Alfred Regnery" wrote:

[snip]

[...]

Indeed, while revering the memory of and most thankful for the
Gipper's service to the nation, I prefer more economical and
economically sensible forms of modern medallic tribute.

My objection in this thread was to the reference to Ronald Reagan as
"pot smoking". I'm sure that you ought to leave that specific
attrubute to his fer-**** kids.

oly
Old February 5th 11, 06:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Feb 5, 12:14*pm, oly wrote:
On Feb 5, 11:52*am, Ken Barr wrote:

In article ,
*"Alfred Regnery" wrote:

[snip]

[...]

oly- Hide quoted text -

Of course, s/b "attribute". Dam Know Spel Khecker!!!

oly
Old February 5th 11, 07:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"Alfred Regnery" wrote in message
These are exciting times for patriotic Americans who continue to honor and
revere President Ronald Reagan. February 6, 2011, will mark the 100th
anniversary of Reagan's birth. As we observe the Ronald Reagan Centennial,
we are presented with a renewed opportunity to celebrate his ideals,
recognize his achievements, and preserve his legacy.
About the Artist
Elizabeth Jones

snipped

Honor? Revere? Celebrate his ideals?? Good lord! You make him sound like
some deity that must be worshipped. The man simply served as one of our
presidents as have many before him. He had his good points and his bad
points, as did most other presidents. I would "honor and revere" John Wayne
before I would Reagan.

Old February 5th 11, 09:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Beanie[_2_]

"Bremick" wrote in message

"Alfred Regnery" wrote in message
These are exciting times for patriotic Americans who continue to honor and
revere President Ronald Reagan. February 6, 2011, will mark the 100th
anniversary of Reagan's birth. As we observe the Ronald Reagan Centennial,
we are presented with a renewed opportunity to celebrate his ideals,
recognize his achievements, and preserve his legacy.
About the Artist
Elizabeth Jones

snipped

Honor? Revere? Celebrate his ideals?? Good lord! You make him sound like
some deity that must be worshipped. The man simply served as one of our
presidents as have many before him. He had his good points and his bad
points, as did most other presidents. I would "honor and revere" John Wayne
before I would Reagan.

Reagan's legacy continue to be burnished by acolytes who forget what a really
crappy president he was.

Old February 5th 11, 10:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Peter[_6_]

On Feb 5, 4:38*pm, "Beanie" wrote:
"Bremick" wrote in message

[...]

crappy president he was.- Hide quoted text -

Crappy is harsh and not justified. Charming and lucky are certainly
correct.
Old February 5th 11, 10:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Beanie[_2_]

"Peter" wrote in message
Crappy is harsh and not justified. Charming and lucky are certainly correct.

Reagan certainly was lucky and it can't be denied he had a certain charm.
Nevertheless, I stand by my original assessment of his presidency - especially
the last few Alzheimer years when Nancy took over while Ronnie was busy smearing
his feces on the wall of the Oval Office.
Doesn't anybody remember Iran-Contra and the huge budget deficits he ran up?

Old February 5th 11, 10:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Feb 5, 4:49*pm, "Beanie" wrote:
"Peter" wrote in message

Crappy is harsh and not justified. *Charming and lucky are certainly correct.

Reagan certainly was lucky and it can't be denied he had a certain charm.
Nevertheless, I stand by my original assessment of his presidency - especially
the last few Alzheimer years when Nancy took over while Ronnie was busy smearing
his feces on the wall of the Oval Office.
Doesn't anybody remember Iran-Contra and the huge budget deficits he ran up?

Some people here have already accused Beanie of being RF and I was far
from certain as there seemed to be a bit of softness in the character
of Beanie that you'd never accuse RF of having. But a great antipathy
towards Reagan was one of the hallmarks of RF and so MAYBE Beanie is
RF IF RF has had some sort of a small stroke or something to take the
edge off of him.

The ability to remember a small Executive-branch pecadillo like Iran-
Contra places you in an exceedingly small group of haters with long
memories over nothing much. There's been so much worse, before and
since.

oly