This is the most absurd thing I have ever seen...

Old February 5th 11, 06:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Peter[_6_]

Default This is the most absurd thing I have ever seen...

On Feb 5, 8:25*am, "Beanie" wrote:
"Frank Provasek" wrote in message

I see nothing false in the ad for this product, which now is NOT a
Liberian coin, but
a "non monetary" striking with the FBI emblem used with
authorization.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/03...mers-pols-rail...

Of course the white trash family that Fox News interviewed "thought"
the money was
going to rebuild the World Trade Center, even though the ad made no
such claim.

The profits after expenses ACTUALLY went to the (gasp)
company owner's seven-bedroom house and a racehorse.

Wow...whatever ANYONE earns and has left after expenses goes to...
whatever they spend it on, right?

So any sales tactic, no matter how misleading, is OK with you?- Hide quoted text -

The supposed victim may have some rights if they complain to their
credit card company, promptly. The rest of the claims sound a lot
like buyer's remorse (a common ailment when buying coins).
Old February 6th 11, 02:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"MKW" wrote in message
As a side note. I do not like the deisng of the current WTC flip coin
because IMO the ship clutters the design. Also, flip coins look good
on paper but you have to essentially damage the coin to stand the
piece up.

Gaaaak! It's still alive! I just saw that TV ad again a few minutes ago.
On the History International channel no less. The violin music, the solemn
voice, the precious pure silver recovered from beneath the ashes, the pure
24k gold, and oh the profound symbolism. And the implication that the Dept
of Justice is behind the project. Amazing, too, how those little silver
pieces flip up all by themselves, or maybe with a remote control. Unless I
missed it, no mention of Liberia, Seychelles, or Cayman Islands. Only
$29.95 plus s&h. Sorry, a limit of course of five per household. It did
show on the screen at the end of the ad that it is not a product of the US
Mint. But by that time, most viewers surely would have left the TV and
picked up the phone to call NCM.