rare-coin broker conned an elderly East Sider

Old November 19th 10, 04:54 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

Default rare-coin broker conned an elderly East Sider

#1: It's not a "business enterprise"

Call it what you will. Not a business? My bad! Slight
mistake...reference your item #3.

#2: You use the word but object when others do. Hypocrite!

I use it when speaking - and none too proud of it, but I challenge you
to find me using it online. No hypocrisy there. If we were to meet
face to face, I would be happy to teach you some words that you have
never heard.

#3: Irrespective of how the group is doing, at least it doesn't degenerate into
a hell hole of frustrated losers insulting each other for years on end, jumping
on others for the slightest mistake and generally spewing their hatred of their
fellow collectors.

Can't help but notice that you didn't say how your group is doing. And
this place (RCC) is only a hell hole when the likes of you come in,
insulting everyone here by calling us frustrated losers, spewing
hatred of fellow collectors.

#4: In looking this group over in Google Groups, I see that the chance of any
meaningful numismatic dialog is nil.

You get out of it what you bring into it.

#5: I'm out of here.
Have fun with your hatred.

Pretty thin skin you have there! Funny coming from someone who says
that I shouldn't be on the internet if I can't handle profanity.
Believe it or not, I was actually trying to be helpful by suggesting
that you refrain from using profanity if you wanted people to join
your group. But if you are really "out of here", you won't see what I
am saying. Have fun in your own little world with both members of your
group. Go back to Yahoo groups.

Old November 19th 10, 05:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jeff R.[_3_]

#5: I'm out of here.

Two down...

:-)

--
Jeff R.

Old November 19th 10, 05:08 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jeff R.[_3_]

"Phil DeMayo" wrote in message
On Nov 18, 12:19 am, "Jeff R." wrote:
"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message

...in its book Coin Grading and Counterfeit Detection, Brian Silliman of
NCS (Numismatistic Conservation Services) in his Numismatist column and
the
ANA in its book A.N.A. Grading Standards for United States Coins. Yes.

You forgot to mention Rick Montgomery. Again.
Why is that?

I love when the Goldsborough character cites an "expert" only when
that "expert" agrees with him.

Actually, this example is even funnier than that.
The Rick person not only agrees with Reid, but was one of his primary
sources (apparently). The joyous twist is that he (RM) was proven
fatuously, completely and utterly wrong in a number of his assertions, and
now RG doesn't seem quite so keem to quote him, despite his "experthood".

Hehehe

This just keeps getting better and better.

--
Jeff R.

Old November 19th 10, 05:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jeff R.[_3_]

"Nick Knight" wrote in message

Reid! You're killing me.

We all live in hope.

--
Jeff R.
(can it be mutual?)

Old November 19th 10, 05:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jeff R.[_3_]

"Nick Knight" wrote in message
In , on 11/18/2010
at 08:23 PM, Reid Goldsborough said:

The latter are more interesting, I think.
Jeff R. is the latest in a long line here who refuse to budge at all,

Interesting. You see, Jeff R has been completely irrelevant to me for
quite
some time.

Yet here you go, crapping (I'm sorry: "carping") on and on and on.

...For all I knew, he no longer existed. I killfiled him eons ago,
and I hadn't seen an original post from him OR anybody quoting him since
until 2 days ago.

Thanks Reid. :|

Hopefully it will be another long time before I see more. I really don't
have the time, more the desire, to waste on him. You know, Reid, it IS
totally your option to read his posts and even more to reply to him. I'd
tell you it works much better to ignore him, but I know you won't listen

Nick

Pull your head back in Nick.
At least be honest in your cowardice.

--
Jeff R.
(not afraid of engagement)

Old November 20th 10, 04:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frantisek Baltiska

"Coin Forum" wrote in message

You boys ought to step back and ask yourselves "Does anybody (besides
yourselves) give a **** about this subject?"
OK OK I'll give you the answer: NO.

Please do not use dirty words. People and children are insulted