Dansco 7070 Album

Old June 27th 06, 10:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Dansco 7070 Album

Does anyone know whether Dansco has updated this U.S. Type Set album to
include the new nickels of the past couple of years? Thanks!

Amistad
'needs to buy a new one anyway'

Old June 27th 06, 10:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Amistad" wrote in message
Does anyone know whether Dansco has updated this U.S. Type Set album to
include the new nickels of the past couple of years? Thanks!

Amistad
'needs to buy a new one anyway'

I'd phone them up and ask what their latest version includes.

Mr. Jaggers

Old June 27th 06, 11:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Hi Amistad:

Nope - I just purchased a brand new 7070 a couple of months ago.
Late nickels are Jefferson 1938 to date and Jefferson War Nicks.

John

Old June 27th 06, 03:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

dropped by to say:
Nope - I just purchased a brand new 7070 a couple of months ago.
Late nickels are Jefferson 1938 to date and Jefferson War Nicks.

Thanks for the info, John. But are you certain that the one you have is of
the most recent manufacture? I can see where a shrink-wrapped album that
has been on the shelf for a couple of years might be construed as "brand
new" in that sense...

Amistad
'needing a new Dansco in the worst way!'

Old June 27th 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Hi Amistad:

I "believe" that I have the latest version - 76 holes (without the gold
page)
but cannot prove it. I have seen no others, anywhere, with more holes
than that. I spent a lot of time researching it before I bought it -
but,
I did not contact the company directly.

Except for custom-mades, which, as you know, they will gladly make for
you. You have to label the holes yourself if you choose this route,
AFAIK.

John

dropped by to say:

Old June 27th 06, 04:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Amistad" wrote in message
dropped by to say:
Nope - I just purchased a brand new 7070 a couple of months ago.
Late nickels are Jefferson 1938 to date and Jefferson War Nicks.

Thanks for the info, John. But are you certain that the one you have is
of the most recent manufacture? I can see where a shrink-wrapped album
that has been on the shelf for a couple of years might be construed as
"brand new" in that sense...

Amistad
'needing a new Dansco in the worst way!'

Here's Dansco's phone number:

1-323-734-6373

or

I'd not recommend the email contact unless you wish to wait a long time for
a reply.

Mr. Jaggers

Old June 28th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Mr. Jaggers" provided a helpful response with:
Here's Dansco's phone number:

1-323-734-6373

Many thanks for that number, Mr. J. I just now called and talked to the
Dansco rep. There has been no update to the Dansco 7070 U.S. Type set album.
However, he said that they are currently assessing a possible upgrade of
same to include the new nickels, and any such action will be made by the end
of the year... In light of that possibility, I guess I'll be content to
squeeze a few more months out of this ratty-looking, dog-eared old album of
mine.

Amistad
'but its wear is borne out of love and admiration!'

Old June 28th 06, 05:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Amistad:

Will you post an update here, when they update the pages?
I would imagine that lots of folks would be interested.

John

Old June 29th 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

was wondering, so asked:
Will you post an update here, when they update the pages?
I would imagine that lots of folks would be interested.

You bet! As soon as I get wind of such an update actually coming to
fruition, you can be sure that I'll make the group aware of it...

Amistad
'thoroughly enjoying the realm of numismatics!'