Needed: Ink Recommendations for Sheaffer Nonsense Fountain Pen!

Old June 7th 08, 05:14 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

Default Needed: Ink Recommendations for Sheaffer Nonsense Fountain Pen!

About 90% of the bandwidth on FPN is wasted with horse**** such as
this.
Old June 7th 08, 11:33 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
titanic cruise? I think not much safer on a ruby yacht

On Jun 6, 11:14*pm, The Drunken Lord wrote:
About 90% of the bandwidth on FPN is wasted with horse**** such as
this.

Yeah but don't those questions come from newbies, mostly? Heck, I
remember when, about 20 years ago (already??), a guy in a pen shop
scared me by telling me that "Non- Waterman ink will eat up your
Waterman pen". I came running to a pen board, and Frank Dubiel
assured me that the salesperson didn't know a thing about pens.
Old June 8th 08, 03:37 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 15:33:18 -0700 (PDT), "titanic cruise? I think
not; much safer on a ruby yacht" wrote:

On Jun 6, 11:14*pm, The Drunken Lord wrote:
About 90% of the bandwidth on FPN is wasted with horse**** such as
this.

Yeah but don't those questions come from newbies, mostly?

I have no idea whether those dumbasses are newbies or not--I don't
read that crap. You'd know better than I would if they're newbies or
not. All I know is they're dumbasses.

Heck, I
remember when, about 20 years ago (already??), a guy in a pen shop
scared me by telling me that "Non- Waterman ink will eat up your
Waterman pen". I came running to a pen board, and Frank Dubiel
assured me that the salesperson didn't know a thing about pens.

It hardly took Frank Dubiel to tell you that.

If I ever asked such a question, I'd keep quiet about it.

Often the FPN'ers aren't concerned about an ink eating up a pen at
all. Often they want to know what color will best match the pen.
Old June 8th 08, 04:42 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
titanic cruise? I think not much safer on a ruby yacht

LOL! You sure are Lively this evening! Bet you have a ton of 1.59
Hero pens, too, huh?

satrap

Old June 8th 08, 12:41 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 20:42:36 -0700 (PDT), "titanic cruise? I think
not; much safer on a ruby yacht" wrote:

LOL! You sure are Lively this evening! Bet you have a ton of 1.59
Hero pens, too, huh?

Dumbasses like you shouldn't bet.

But no, I don't spend thousands on pens. Or even hundreds.

That's what the dip****s on FPN do. And then they type out posts
wanting to know what kind of ink is safe to use in the pen, like you
have admitted to doing yourself.

Either that or they just use some asshole ugly ink like Waterman
blue-black. But they stare at the nib as they write and don't see any
nib creep so that's all that matters.
Old June 8th 08, 03:22 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
titanic cruise? I think not much safer on a ruby yacht

ROFLMBBOff!!!!!

Anyway, why stay mad at FPN? You seem quite happy without them.

You funny. Are you an alcoholic? I really like how you rant and
rave.

dancing bunnies
Old June 8th 08, 03:29 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
MatthewK

On 2008-06-08, titanic cruise? I think not; much safer on a ruby yacht wrote:
LOL! You sure are Lively this evening! Bet you have a ton of 1.59
Hero pens, too, huh?

What is wrong with Hero pens(possible labor conditions
excepted)? As I recall, fdubiel had boxes of them and good
things to say.

A 329 writes when you want it to whereas a new $400 dollar pen
does not. I think others cvan back this up: If you want a good
write then don't pay over $40 bucks for a modern pen. That is
not to be taken literally but it seems once you get to the $100
dollar mark, bad things start happening.

Funny thing is, I remember reading Hero reviews on FPN and one
guy said something like "My 51 is better in everyway but I
leave it in the penholder and carry a hero.". Why?

Personally, I have a few hero's and have never had a problem
with them after learning how to clean a pen properly. That is
more than I can say for more expensive pens. Maybe I'll feel
differently when the "nib wears off after 5000 words" or some
other horrible things these pens are know for.

That being said, if parker 51's where still cheap I would have
loads of them.

If I could purchase a box of 329's for a decent price I
probably would.

matthew
Old June 8th 08, 03:45 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
titanic cruise? I think not much safer on a ruby yacht

OK, but no one said anything was wrong with Hero pens.

Old June 8th 08, 04:05 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
MatthewK

On 2008-06-08, titanic cruise? I think not; much safer on a ruby yacht wrote:
OK, but no one said anything was wrong with Hero pens.

Okey, that is just he vibe I felt. My bad.
Old June 8th 08, 05:30 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 15:05:41 +0000, MatthewK

On 2008-06-08, titanic cruise? I think not; much safer on a ruby yacht wrote:
OK, but no one said anything was wrong with Hero pens.

Okey, that is just he vibe I felt. My bad.

He was definitely making a dig at hero pens. He did it in such a way
that he could deny it, and he did deny it. But your first take was
correct.