My Latest 8-Track Score

Old July 24th 07, 12:17 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
frschoonover

Default My Latest 8-Track Score

Dear Fellow 8-Track Enthusiasts

How is everybody in here doing?I hope thate verything is doing
good.Me,I am feeling great.I have a latest score that I want to share
with all of you.I will also share some information on these with all
of you when necessary.

I was in a Salvation Army Thrift Shop in my hometown of Niagara Falls
NY and I found 5 new looking 8-Track tapes.Below is what I found:

John Lee Hooker:Never Get Out Of These Blues Alive(One of greatest
blues artists of all time without question)

Jamming With EdwardThis album features Mick Jagger,Bill Wyman &
Charlie Watts of The Rolling Stones w/ special guests Ry Cooder &
Nicky Hopkins.Much of this album was recorded during the sessions for
Let It Bleed at Olympia Studios in London during the year 1969.The
album was released as an in between album between Sticky Fingers &
Exile On Main Street in 1972.The album itself sounds like as if it is
a bootleg album.It is actually pretty good.I also have this on vinyl
as well)

John Sebastian:The Four Of Us(His fourth solo album and his third
album on Reprise[his first two were on MGM Records] and features some
great guitar work by him)

Jr.Walker & The All Stars:Greatest Hits(An album by a one of Motown
Record's greatest background groups.They do some great instrumental
versions of some of those great Motown hits of the 1960's)

Creedance Clearwater Revival:Greatest Hits(Need I Say More?)

The first four of these are Ampex carts.The first two are white-
labeled Ampex while the latter two are black wrap-around labels.All
four of that Ampex's are black shelled.The CCR cart is white shelled
and is a pirated cart.All five have RCA styles springs w/ foam.

I just wanted to share this latest find with all of you.As
always,thoughts & comments are always appreciated.

I hope that everybody in here has a wonderful day/afternoon/
evening.Sincerely Frank R.Schoonover

Old July 24th 07, 02:06 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:17:28 -0700, frschoonover
wrote:

I just wanted to share this latest find with all of you.As
always,thoughts & comments are always appreciated. snip

A good haul, Frank. Out here, all the flea markets/thrift stores have
finally quit selling 8 track cartridges entirely, so I haven't seen
anything for sale at all in almost six months. It's good you have
some resources there.

Our local PBS station just ran a special about Niagara Falls and the
surrounding early industrial activities that used the elevation drop
of the falls to power mills and other factories.
Old July 25th 07, 03:42 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
frschoonover

On Jul 24, 9:06 am, DeserTBoB wrote:

A good haul, Frank. Out here, all the flea markets/thrift stores have
finally quit selling 8 track cartridges entirely, so I haven't seen
anything for sale at all in almost six months. It's good you have
some resources there.

Our local PBS station just ran a special about Niagara Falls and the
surrounding early industrial activities that used the elevation drop
of the falls to power mills and other factories.

DB

Thanks for the kind words.I am always glad to share anything that I
find in the thrift shops in my area.This was the first 8-Track score
in many months.I just saw them there in a carousel of other tapes and
these were the ones that I saw.The other ones in the carousel were
carts that somebody recorded other stuff over and placed new lables
over them.I really hate it when that happens.

That Jamming With Edward one was a real find.This album happens to be
rare in any format.As stated,I do have this one on vinyl as well.The
album was reissued by Virgin Records in 1994 digitally remastered from
the original analog source tapes for superior sound quality.At this
moment,I do not have the CD reissue but I am planning on getting it.

Another hard to find Rolling Stones album is the LIVE album Brussels
Affair that was recorded by the band in concert during their 1973
European tour and was supposed to be released officially but was
cancelled due to legal wranglings and is only available as a
bootleg.Many critics who have heard this album say that this was the
Stones finest concert hour and had new member Mick Taylor doing great
guitar solos on Midnight Rambler and You Can't Always Get What You
Want in an exciting interplay with Keith Richards.I have been looking
for this album for a long time.I am hoping that I find it soon.

I also managed to pick up another John F.Kennedy tribute record
album.This was one of several of tribute releases to the slain
president who never got the chance to really show how good he really
was.I do have one that was released on Diplomat Records.This one was
released on 20th Century Fox Records.I now have two.I knew that I had
to grab this one.

I also managed to find three Elvis Presley record albums at a garage
sale in my area over the weekend.One of them is The Elvis Presley
Story set and the other two are the Pickwick reissue of You'll Never
Walk Alone and his second Christmas album entitled Sings The Wonderful
World Of Christmas on RCA.What's interesting about the latter is that
it's inner sleeve is a picture sleeve of all the Elvis albums that
were available on 8-Track and a signed picture post card.I knew that I
also had to grab these at that garage sale.

I will share more when I find more.Stay Tuned.Sincerely Frank
R.Schoonover