Confused - Seeburg V200 Redhead cartridge replace for best sound?

Old August 22nd 07, 04:57 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
JJ[_3_]

Default Confused - Seeburg V200 Redhead cartridge replace for best sound?

Ok, I've searched the archives and now more confused. New to the
jukebox world and started with a recently purchased a V200 that came
with a redhead cartridge (mono?) and straight needles. I am in the
process of learning as I clean it, will have both old and newer 45s.
Did take all the advise and never turned it on when received as it was
sitting for 17 years.
For best sound there seems to be three standard options.
1. Use .7mil Diamond Tip stereo dog leg/cantilever type needles in the
Redhead. A thread in 2006 scared me about reproduction vs. original
assume I should look for original.
2. Replace Red Head with Pickering 345-07D?
3. Go with a new Vern Tisdale Seeburg Cartridge

If I go with a newer stereo cartridge do I need to have someone modify
the amp to get best sound?

Oh...I will have the amp and receiver gone through by someone with
experience, I don't think its worth my time to tackle that part at
this point.

Old August 24th 07, 01:37 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken G.

I have tried those expensive cartridges . I borrowed an OD3 pickering
They all gave weak sound .. it was clear but very wimpy . Have not tried
the Tisdale one .

I own a Seeburd G mono machine that i tried these in . I got hold of an
old Pickering # ??? its gold in color aluminum case the same size as the
red head and it takes little bitty `L` shaped needles.
This cartridge by far sounds better than any i tried it sounds 2 times
better .. more volume more bass and trebble . It plays old and brand new
records alike .

Old August 24th 07, 01:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
toucanf16

I'd like to hear from someone who's tried the new Vern Tisdale
cartridge. I visited him a couple of years back when he was
developing it. I know he's put a lot of work in the cartridge. Matt

Seeburg Mono Redhead Restoration / Repair? [email protected] Juke Boxes 1 August 12th 05 11:36 AM
WTB: Seeburg V200 Oil Can James Juke Boxes 0 December 24th 04 03:11 AM
Redhead Cartridge Vs. Pickering 345 Wayne Juke Boxes 2 September 30th 04 03:32 AM
WTB: Seeburg V200 CA Gale Juke Boxes 0 February 4th 04 02:51 AM
WTB: Seeburg V200 CA Gale Juke Boxes 1 December 9th 03 12:17 PM